Chapter 15: How to Get Her Back? (Luke Special)

"I felt her absence. it was like waking up one day with no teeth in your mouth. you wouldn't need to run to the mirror to know they were gone" - James Dashner, The Scorch Trials

***

Luke

"Fine!" She huffed as she opened the car door and get inside my car. I tried myself not to smile in her fuming reaction, she's really beautiful, angry or not.

I drove the car towards the Books and Coffee Town. Everything I told her about our Management project was true. Ms. Baker is really a strict one so every students have to follow her instruction and when she said that it's a team project then it should be that way, and every team member should participate or contribute or else, she won't hesitate to give you an F. I am just one lucky of an ass since fate decided that Amethyst and I will be partners. I still have a week to have her back. I will explain every-

"Where's my bag?" she asked, breaking the silence between us.

"Inside the compartment at the back." I smiled. "I'll give it back to you later when I drop you home."

"There's no need to drop me home." She said. "Nothing even existed between us. You are supposed to forget where I live, right?" She blurted out.

That took me off guard though I am expecting it, of course I've hurt her. I saw it in her eyes everyday since I dropped her home and when I hang up with Rain. Oh God, if she only knew. "I want her back." I muttered to myself.

We reached the coffee shop and parked the car. I got out of the car and was about to open the car door for Amethyst when she opened it herself and went straight inside the shop. I don't know how to make her trust me again. Heck I don't even know how to get her, I really want her back.

I followed her inside and saw that she is sitting near the bookshelves and seems like staring outside the glass wall. I went directly at the counter ordered a hot capuccino and blueberry cheesecake for her, her favorites. I also ordered a huge cafe americano and a choco moist cake for myself. After ordering, I asked for a pad paper and two pencils at the counter and asked her to deliver it to our table together with my orders.

I take the seat across Amethyst but she still pretend that I am not existing. We are still both silent when our order came after some minutes. She looked surprised to see her favorite thing in front of her of course, probably more surprise that I remember, I guess. She doesn't said anything though. She just took the paper and the pencil and began writing.

"What kind of business do you want?" She asked in her very casual tone like I'm a stranger.

"Something like this, a coffee shop." I answered. "You?"

"Coffee shop is okay, but I think books are getting a little too old because of the technology." She paused. "So, what kind of twist do you want in our coffee shop?" She asked. Our. That's what she said, our. I never thought it's so nice to hear something like that, like there is something that Amethyst and I share.

For the whole two hours, we spent our time drafting the nature of our business. Noone dared to talk about what happened between us after her outburst in the car earlier. If only I can take her pain away, if only I can turn back the time, if only I didn't became so stupid.

"Let's go home now, it's getting late." She said while gathering the papers where we wrote our business draft.

"I'll drop you home." I told her sternly then smiled at her when I remember something. "Your bag is in my car, remember?"

"Right." She said then left me alone in our table and walked towards the door of the coffee shop.

I opened the car door for her like I used to and I am glad that she didn't complain or something with that gesture. 

"Can we talk?" I asked her as soon as I hopped in the driver's seat.

"No." She answered.

I shifted on my seat to face her, "Amethyst, please?" I begged. 

She finally looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "If it's about the Management class, we can talk about it tomorrow, at school." She paused. "If it's about anything else, forget it." She snapped then crossed her arms around her chest and looked straight.

"Amethyst, I want you back." I finally said.

"Drive me home. Please." She said, ignoring what I just told her earlier. What will I even expect anyway. I've done so wrong, I was so stupid to let it go.

Sighing, I started the engine and began driving.