Chapter 10: A Good Friend

"Friends are like stars you don't always see them but you know their always there" -Anonymous

***

I cried myself out as I talked with Gene and Jenny over the phone. I haven't even had dinner, I just stayed in my rooms since Luke dropped me home this afternoon. "I-I thought there's really something between us." I told my bestfriends.

"There is something between you over the passed months!" Jenny said on the other line.

Gene sighed, "Though that something doesn't have any title." She's right, Luke and I used to have something but we never cleared it. "I know you love him, it shows. But, if he doesn't feel the same way, you have to get it over."

"Like it's even easy." Jenny snorted. "And that advice came from someone who haven't even fell in love before." She added.

"What am I going to do tomorrow? On the following day?" I asked them.

"Move on." -Gene

Yeah like it's so easy.

"Don't ever show that it affects you." -Jenny

"You can continue the FRIENDSHIP that you have with him but there should be a limitation." Gene paused. "Show him and everyone that you are strong." She added.

"Alright." I sighed. "I have to hung up, see you two tomorrow."

The next morning, I rode a cab to get to school just like I used to. I arrived to school earlier than expected considering that I rode a cab, as I am walking at the school ground, I saw Luke came out of the school cafeteria with no other than Rain. How could I missed that before?

Cuz you were blinded with Luke and he let you feel that nothing's off with you two while he's also flirting with Rain. My conscience said. 

I immediately went upstairs to our classroom and sat down beside Rex. And yes, Rex is my seat mate again on the last quarter.

"Somethingwrong?" He asked as I sit down beside him.

I looked to him and smiled. "No, everything's fine." I said. "Perfectly fine." I muttered.

"Seems not like it." He snorted. "I'm an asshole but you know you can talk to me." Then he picked up his cellphone and began texting. 

"Yeah right, talk to you while you're texting someone." I retorted. 

"Hey, you know I'm here whenever you need someone to talk with, chica." Then he showed me his phone. "And look, I was replying my mother. It's not some girl I can just ignore." He said in a duh tone.

"Sorry." 

"S'okay." He said then put his phone in his pocket.

I was going toask him if he knew about Luke and Rain but I was cut off when I saw them entering our room, Rex followed what or who I am looking at then I heard him sigh. 

"Are they a couple now or something?" I asked Rex.

"Dunno, some people at school had been teasing them though. Thought he's still into you, what happened?" Curiosity is visible in his eyes.

"I have no idea." I said then laughed. So this is what I have to do, to keep this I-don't-care-facade going and don't let them see that I am breaking inside.

He laughed along with me and put his left arm around my neck and let his right hand mess with my hair. "That's the A that I know!" He exclaimed between his laughter.