Chapter 19: The Magical Night 1

"If there was to be another night in her life as glorious as this one, she felt hard pressed to imagine it, so she made sure to fill every second with joy. - Alethea Kontis, Dearest

***

2 days to go.

"Isabelle is so cute." Jordie said with amazement while we are watching Rachelle's 6 year old daughter practicing ballet. Rachelle was one of our classmates in highschool, the rebel one, and she had this cute child during college.

"Yes she's really adorable." Jenny agreed.

"You think so too?" Rachelle asked with that wide smile plastered on her face. "She made me love life the moment she was born." I said while her eyes are focused lovingly to her daughter. "So the party is getting nearer Jordie, who's coming?" She asked.

"Most of our batchmates." Jordie smiled.

"Really? That's nice." She said, not taking her eyes off her daughter. "I was at the mall earlier and I saw Luke. Is he coming as well?" She asked. "We've lost our communication with that guy since we graduated." She said.

I saw Gene glanced at me but didn't said anything. "Yes, he confirmed it with Brent that he will come." Jordie answered.

"He looked different now, but more handsome." Rachelle grinned. "Oh, that little guy again?" Rachelle suddenly said which made us look at the stage.

There is a little boy in around the age of Isabelle, wearing a taekwondo uniform and holding a white rose. He walked at middle of the stage and approached Isabelle then gave her the rose. Innocent Isabelle just accepted the flower then the little boy run to go outside.

"Aldrin is always giving her a flower every Friday and Saturday. His taekwondo class is just right next door." Rachelle told us.

"Awe, that's so cute." Jenny and Jordie exclaimed.

"Seems like your daughter has a suitor at this early age, Rachelle?" I told her.

Rachelle laughed, "Yeah, I guess so."

*

I've spent almost my whole day at the salon letting the hairstylist and his buddies do some magic on us. I am with Gene, Jenny and Jordie and looking at them they look like they enjoying to be pampered. I mean, styling my hair, make up, manicure and pedicure is necessary but whole body massage and spa? Are you kidding me? What was that for? But since my bestfriends forced me to come with them, so now here I am trying to enjoy being pampered.

"I still don't get why do we need a spa. Please someone enlighten me." I complained.

"To be relaxed." Jordie said.

"To help us be calm at the event later." Jenny added.

"And who is nervous for the event later? It's just a graduation ball." I retorted.

"We don't know. Just enjoy it for goodness sake." Gene grumbled.

I saw Jenny smirked, "Gene's partner is actually Wallace. Who wouldn't get nervous anyway?" She said playfully, trying to tease Gene.

My eyes widen, "Hey, I didn't know that!" I complained.

"Cuz you are always with Luke." Jordie said.

"Says the girl who's always with Brent." Gene retorted for me which made me laugh.

"Hey! At least I know that!" Jordie exclaimed. They are really fun to be with, we have different personalities but all of us blended in and noone's left out in our friendship.

After our hair and make up and other stuffs, my friends rushed into the dressing rooms to change to there gowns. I was left behind to wait for one of them to finish since there are only 3 dressing rooms. Wallace came holding a bouquet of roses while I was busying myself in the magazine that I am reading. He looked handsome and well, smart and authoritative as always though he smiled the moment he saw me.

"Hey, A." He greeted as he approached me. "You're not dressed yet." He commented.

"Yeah, there's only 3 dressing rooms. As you can see the three of them rushed into it and left me behind." I smiled at the thought of my three friends rushing so eagerly to get into each cubicles.

"Three of them?" He asked as he gave me that puzzled look. "Who's the new recruit?" He smiled.

"I'm sure you know her." I paused. "It's Jordine."

"Oh! Jordine? Really? She's back?" He asked continuously. Seemed like every people in Chen's are friends with Jordie.

Brent entered the salon holding a bouquet of red and white roses. He saw me the moment he entered the salon so he immediately sat beside me when he reached the sofa I am sitting.

"Seriously? Bouquet of roses as well?" I grumbled as he took his seat. Brent just looked at me but didn't answered though.

"Well, roses are the most common flower to give to a girl." Wallace answered but I just rolled my eyes at her.

Jordie's cubicle opened at last and Brent immediately stood up from the moment he saw her. I didn't wasted my time to watch them instead, I immediately went inside the empty cubicle with the box of my gown.

My gown is a halter type, white with diamond beads gown. My mother was the one who actually chose it for me and I find it very elegant. "I think it doesn't fits me." I whispered to myself. As I am wearing it, I heard Luke's voice outside and I think I'm the only one wearing the gown since I can hear the voices of Gene and Jenny outside as well. My heart really beats so fast as soon as I heard Luke's laughter along with the guys. What if he laughs at me?

"How long will you be in there? Do you need help, A?" I heard Jenny asked.

"N-no I'm fine." I answered. "I will be there shortly."

"Okay, just call me if you need help." Jenny assured me and I heard her footsteps walking away from my cubicle.

I take a look at myself in the mirror for once last time and took a deep breath. The gown, I think, is okay for me. I am just wondering what will I look like when they see me when I open the door. My heart is beating so fast! I thought the spa we have earlier will help me calm?

I unlocked the door and finally opened it.

As I opened it, I saw Luke still engrossed talking with the guys. He still handsome as ever, though he look more stunning looking at him wearing a black tux. "Wow, A! You look so gorgeous!" Jordie exclaimed when she saw me. Luke immediately stopped talking with the guys and looked at me.

My heart is beating even faster now.