Chapter 21: A Night to Remember

"You only need one man to love you. But him to love you free like a wildfire, crazy like the moon, always like tomorrow, sudden like an inhale and overcoming like the tides. Only one man and all of this." - C. Joybell C.

***

I have nothing to worry about anymore, if he thinks that I look good wearing this then I believe him. I instantly smiled the moment that I looked at the bouquet of sunflowers on my lap.

"Feeling comfortable now?" Luke asked me while he's driving us to the hotel where the venue of our graduation ball is.

"Yes." I told him and gave him a smile.

We arrived at the hotel. The function hall is stunning, the motif is a combination of white and gold. "The place look so elegant." I muttered as we entered the hall.

"You are more elegant." Luke whispered as he placed his hand on my back.

Gene, Wallace, Jenny and Christian are already there when we arrived, Rex and his current girlfriend (I don't know who she is) are sitting on the table near us. Rex stood up to meet us from the moment that he saw us coming, leaving the girl behind.

"A! You look gorgeous!" Rex exclaimed as he complimented me.

"You're not bad yourself, Rex." I retorted.

He pouted at my retort but immediately recovered. "I never looked bad." He said confidently. 

"You're new girlfriend, Rex?" I directed my eyes to the girl sitting at their table.

Rex scratched his nape, "Yeah, I guess so." He answered sounded so unsure. "Anyway, I have to go now. Bye A, Luke." Then he waived us goodbye and walked back to their seat.

"Can we go to our seat now?" Luke asked. He still seemed to be pretty jealous or aloft with Rex.

I hugged the side of his arm and let him lead me to our seats.

The graduation ball started exactly at 07:00PM, there are speeches from our adviser, principal, speakers and the school's president, a live acoustic band playing during the dull moments and the food served is lauriat style with a 5 course meal. We also get to dance and snacks and cocktails are served for the rest of the night.

"Luke aren't you getting tired of dancing with me all night?" I asked. Not that I am complaining but I am wearing heels and it's hurting my feet since I am not used to it.

"Nope." He answered sternly. "If I let you go now, our guys will ask you to dance with them." 

"But my feet hurts." I pouted.

My complaint made him look at me as if verifying whether I am telling the truth or not. "Alright." He sighed. "There's a balcony at the back, we can go there so I can hide you from them." He grinned.

The view from the balcony looks awesome, we can see the entire hotel's garden and the side of the pool area plus the stars tonight shine so bright. "Wow." I whispered in awe.

It sounds so cliche but it was cold tonight and it is really sweet when Luke let me wear his coat. "I discovered this place two years ago when our family celebrated my grandmother's birthday." He said as he hug me from my back. "What am I going to do without you?" He suddenly asked while we are both looking at the beautiful garden.

"Live." I told him. "You were fine two years ago before I came, you will be fine if ever I'll be gone." I paused, "though, I will never leave you." 

I heard him sighed, "The happiness that you can make me feel is something not that easy to forget, Amethyst." Then he hugged me tighter as if he's so afraid to let me go. "I would have asked you to marry me now if only I am settled by now." Sadness is visible in his voice, like something wrong is about to happen. "I love you Amethyst." He whispered.

I was stunned on what I heard from him. This is the first time that he told me that he loves me and it feels so heavenly, he loves me! I wanted to shout. Luke Garnett loves me too! "You do?" I asked.

"Yes. I don't know if it's love at first sight, second or third. The only thing I know is I am falling in love with you every single day." I looked at him and saw him smile, like he is reminiscing something. "I have a confession to make." He said. "I saw you when your mother enrolled you in Chen's two summers ago, and do you know that you had made my heart beat fast, as in fast, like my heart is going to come out of chest?" He confessed comically. "Your face had been tattooed in my mind from that day on." He finished his sentence with a kiss on the side of my head.

"On our first day of school in Junior, I was really happy when I saw you sitting beside Jenny when I walked into our classroom." He continued. "You might have not noticed, but I was and until now always looking at you. I was even the happiest when you became my partner in our history class. Though what Rex said that time that you want to be his partner really made me nervous and sad." He sighed. "I'm really sorry that I avoided you. I though I was protecting you but it didn't crossed my mind that it will hurt you as well." He finally looked at me as if pleading for my forgiveness.

I gave him a warm smile and a peck on his lips, "I have forgiven you, stop apologizing about the past." I paused. "And, I love you too Luke. From the moon and back." He smiled at me and finally kissed me.