CHAPTER 17: PERPLEXION

When she was going downstairs with the cup of milk she came across Shyam who was speaking on the phone.

Shyam: yes all I need is money. You know Shyam manohar jha. All that is important for me in money. Even my family comes after that, so don't dare play with me. If you don't give me then I will get it by hook or crook. I hope you get what I am saying.

That is when spark of confusion hit Anjali's head leaving her in complete bemusion. Is that exactly what she heard. My Shyam ji can speak like that or what if I am misunderstanding. Anjali was totally confused when nani calls out

Nani: Payal bitya please come to the mandir. We need to set everything for pooja.

Payal comes running to nani

Payal: nani ji everything is ready for pooja. Just need some more flowers.

Anjali sees them both and joins them

Nani: rest everything is ready right.

Payal: yes nani.

Nani notices Anjali looking disturbed

Nani: Anjali bitya kya hua? Are you alright. For whom is this milk.

Anjali: nani this is for khushi ji but they both are not awake.

Nani: acha let her take rest. I guess today the bandage will be removed right.

Anjali: yes nani. But if we let her remove the bandage she will rush out and do all the household works. She won't even be taking rest.

Shyam: yes rani sahiba. You are so true. We should not let her work because it is my responsibility......,,,,,, I mean our responsibility to take care of her.

"You don't have to worry about that jijaji. I am right here to take care of her."

When they all turned back they saw Arnav and khushi standing there holding their hands together.

Anjali who felt something wrong about Shyam had resulted in a complete dilemma. She recalled the dialogue "yes rani sahiba. You are so true. We should not let her work because it is my responsibility......,,,,,, I mean our responsibility to take care of her."

But leaving that aside

Anjali: otherwise also Shyamji is concerned about everyone especially about khushiji

Everyone got startled with that statement of Anjali

Nani: bitya what did you mean?

Anjali:(smiling)I meant that khushi got hurt and therefore Shyamji mentioned her specially.

Everyone left their breath out. Khushi was still thinking deeply about something when suddenly NK appeared to the scene.

NK: hello everybody. Am I at the right time??

Mami: NK bitwa pls you are very early and at the right time.

NK notices khushi staring into the space.

NK: khushiji ap itna Kya sona raha hai??

Everyone bursted out laughing changing the atmosphere.

Arnav: well it's soch not sona.

NK: ya that only. What happened khushiji?

Khushi getting startled with the atmosphere around her thinks about the incident which happened in the morning.

FLASHBACK..........

Today morning

When khushi slightly woke up felt an unknown warmth. When she opened her eyes she had the biggest shock of her life seeing herself sleeping in Arnav's arms. And Arnav was keeping her willingly in his arms by tightly holding her towards him. She got up with a jerk causing Arnav to wake up. Khushi was looking at him as if he did the biggest mistake of his life. Her eyes was bulging out. Arnav smirked at her.

Khushi: I....i.... Don't know I was sleeping with you. It was not in purpose.

A wave of guilt flashed in his mind thinking that he had made her sleep near the pool.

Arnav: khushi don't worry. I itself picked you up from the recliner and made you sleep in our bed.

Khushi: what do you mean by 'our' bed? I usually sleep near the pool.

Arnav: ok Mrs. khushi Kumari Gupta Singh raizada. My bed. Happy. But you used to sleep here.

Khushi: that was because I had hurt on my head. But don't worry, you will get back your bed today.

Arnav: what do you mean?

Khushi: I meant that today I am going to remove the bandage. So I will be sleeping tonight near the pool.

Arnav: who said you will remove the bandage today. First of all we will consult the doctor and then we will think of removing the bandage.

Khushi was looking around confusing Arnav.

Arnav: what are you looking for?

Khushi: there is no one here. Then why are you acting?

When Realisation hit his head he replied with a smirk.

Arnav: do you need someone when we are romancing. You wish someone could intrude out privacy. I mean a husbands and wives privacy.

He naughtily pulled her close give her a peck oh her cheek. He then got up and moved towards his wardrobe.

Khushi who took time to to realize what just happened seconds ago, was too late to question Arnav. By the time she turned her face to question him he disappeared to the washroom.

To be continued..............

PRECAP: Anjali: ok chote
Khushi: thanks di
Arnav: have you gone mad?
Khushi:aaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

AUTHORS NOTE- we wanted to know if this story is interesting or should we end it soon. Please do comment so that we can know your opinions.
And do vote for this chapter.