9: Confusion

NINE: CONFUSION

“Chill out,” the guy with blonde hair shook his head.

I ripped his hand off my face, “Who the hell are you!”

“Rex? We met last night? Fisher’s brother?”

“Brother?”

I slapped myself in the head because he looked almost exactly like Fisher. Rex was more muscular, older, blonde, tattooed, but other than that, they would be twins. Kind of scary. I heard someone flush the toilet but stay in the bathroom.

“Shit,” I frowned, “Where’s Fisher?”

He shrugged, “Don’t know. That’s why I climbed through your window. I was just going to ask you but I don’t exactly talk to James so. Yeah, here I am!”

“How did Matt get here?” I pointed to him.

“I told you, I don’t know. I just came here to find Fisher.”

“He’s missing?”

“Most of the time when you go looking for people, they are missing,” he frowned. His face. He looked exactly like Fisher in too many ways. It made my stomach flip – either that or it was something I ate last night.

“When did we meet?”

“Ah,” he scratched the back of his neck, “It was probably at like 2 this morning. Uh, Fisher introduced me to you at the bar.”

“Was I drinking?”

“Yeah, I think so.”

“Shit. I know where Fisher is.”

He raised his eyebrow.

“He’s in the bathroom. Duh,” I pointed to our bathroom door where I could hear someone hurling their guts up, “I thought he was James.”

“Maybe it is. He was there last night too. He got into a nasty fight with Fisher… Don’t you remember any of this?”

“No.”

“That’s weird,” he shrugged and walked out of the room. He opened the bathroom door and went inside. I followed behind him.

Sure enough, Fisher was barfing into the toilet. Yummy. I didn’t drink that much I guess. My stomach felt a little better knowing he was okay.

“What the hell happened yesterday?” I asked.

He flushed the toilet and looked up at me, “Matt passed out so I brought him here. You were asleep. I threw him in the window and put him on your bed. Sorry. I wouldn’t make him sleep on the floor, even if I do hate him. I think I passed out after that.”

“Weird.”

“You’re telling me.”

“Where’s James?”

“Your guess is as good as mine,” he shrugged, “he’s probably still pissed that I kicked his ass and kissed you.”

“You what?!”

“Kicked his ass…?”

“YOU KISSED ME?!” I threw a towel at his head, “WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM!”

“Hey, I wasn’t the one asking for it!” he roared from under the towel. Rex was on the floor laughing.

“What is so damn funny!”

“You!” Rex smiled, “Damn, one second you’re freaking out over him and the next you’re freaking out on him! It’s just so dumb!”

“You’re dumb!” I threw my hands into the air in frustration. Stupid men! Stupid me!