27: Spin-Cycle

TWENTY SEVEN: SPIN-CYCLE

There was a click of a lock. I jumped slightly.

I was in a bed, the white sheets draped over my body.

"Fisher?" I said outloud.

There were slight thudding noises, "Hey, you're up!"

I stretched my arms. Of course I was up, "Duh. Where are you."

"Here," he appeared on the bed, jumping up and down, causing it to rock slightly, "I'm here!"

"Have you been drinking or something?"

He burped and sat down, "Nahhhhh. No, not me. I don't drink. Nope."

I sighed, "Just lay down okay?"

"Why, what are you going to do to me baby? Huh? Tie me to the bed? Because that would be so..." he trailed off, his body slouched slightly and then he was on the pillow, asleep.

I picked up the phone by my nightstand and dialed the front desk.

"Front Desk?"

"Hi there, I need to be connected to Erik Barcomb? I don't know what room he's in."

"Sure," the person said and put me on hold. I listened to smooth jazz for approximately ten seconds until I heard someone pick up.

"Hello?"

"Erik?"

"Uh yeah, Erik."

"It's Sky. I kind of need some help with Fisher."

"Did he hurt you?" he said in an overly protective voice.

I laughed, "Oh no, he's just kind of drunk. Did you take him out or anything?"

"Uh yeah, Rex and I went to the bar with him. He was going on these rants about how beautiful you were and all the things he wanted to do with you when you were ready. It was very... graphic to say the least. And anyway, uhm, we didn't drink too much. Are you sure he isn't drugged?"

I looked over at his peaceful sleeping mass, "He doesn't seem like it."

"Alright then. Well I suggest you just watch him. Goodnight, Sky."

"Thank you, Erik." I responded and hung up the phone.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Mhhh, hey," Fisher said quietly as he kissed my neck, "Babe."

"Hi handsome," I kissed his lips lightly, "It's time to go home."

"Can't we just stay an extra day?"

"We already missed enough school as it is..."

He groaned, "Please?"

"You know I want to as much as you do. It's James. He just called and said he would be 'kicking you in the balls with steel toed boots' if we didn't get back by six tonight."

"It's only 10 AM. We have so much time. Enough time for whatever you want to do."

"I really want to go partying."

He frowned, "Are you serious?"

"No," I giggled, "The babies are due within the next two days! Aren't you excited?!"

He kissed my nose, "You're going to be an aunt."

"I know! You know what else?"

"Hm?"