10: Odds

TEN: ODDS

Monday morning all over again – last week blurred by at crazy fast speed – like nothing I’d ever experienced. It was such a rollercoaster ride.

And sitting in Mrs. Phillips’ class, I think I could just about feel like dying. Death would better than what we were doing: a group project where we couldn’t pick our groups. My favorite thing in the world! And you can guess who I was stuck with. Matt and Fisher. Great.

“Who is going to write the start to our essay?”

Neither of them responded.

“Hello! People!”

“What,” Fisher’s eyes narrowed at me.

That’s so weird, why is he all pissy with me? Why? WHY!

“Who is going to write the start of the essay?”

“Matt,” Fisher responded.

I just won’t ever understand him. I wish I could.

“My band is playing next Tuesday night at the Bouncer,” Matt randomly said, “You coming?” he looked over at me.

I frowned, “I don’t know. I have a lot of studying to do.”

“For what?”

“I have a... really big test... in Math... It’s worth... a lot of points.”

“Okay then..."

“I’m going,” Fisher announced, “with my girlfriend.”

Girlfriend? He had a girlfriend? Since when?

“Oh cool. Who is she?”

“That freshman cheerleader girl. The blonde. She’s annoying,” he shrugged, “but hell, she’s got a nice body. So very nice.”

“Nice choice,” Matt smiled.

“I have to pee,” I jumped to my feet and ran. I left the room.

He has a girlfriend? A cheerleader? Wasn’t I clear on Saturday? There was another guy? It was him, dammit, it was Fisher! Fucking Fisher! My brother’s enemy that’s now his god damn best friend and I’m just nothing! I was in love with Fisher! Not that stupid lusty shit! I liked him for who he was! I wasn’t just around him for his body or his looks like most girls who fawned over him like a damn messiah!

Stupid Sky. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

I hit my head against a locker, to knock some sense into it. Maybe it would help.

“Excuse me, but are you okay?”

I looked to see the captain of our damn lacrosse team standing next to me. His short black hair and his big brown eyes lured me in. He was… attractive to say the least. He wasn't my type though. I'm sorry, I just like mean guys who are complete jerks. He wasn't mean from what I knew.

“Yeah, I’m fine. You know I’m just trying to get some knowledge.”

“You know you lose brain cells by doing that, right?”

“I guess. You’re pretty smart. I thought you’d be dumb, no offence.”

He shrugged, “Isn’t that what everyone thinks? Jocks equal dumb.”

“All the time,” I sighed, putting my head against the cold locker.

“You, uhm, need to talk about it?”

“About what?”

“Guy problems. I can tell when someone has ‘em.”

“Err, why, may I ask?”