22: Or Not?

TWENTY TWO: OR NOT?

Before I could answer his question, Fisher fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Who is going to save you now?" Toby smiled through all the feathers and honey.

For once in my life, I was honestly scared. So scared of the things he might do to me if I gave him the chance. But I wasn't going to let him. He'd have to fight me.

"I'll be saving myself today, thank you very much. I don't need a guy to save me."

He smirked and reached into his pocket, pulling out a pocket knife, "Say goodbye, Sky."

I swung my bag wildly, slapping him in the face with it, "DIE!" I screamed and pulled my Calculus book out of my backpack. And who said it wouldn't come in handy to have heavy books? I slammed it over his head and he fell to the ground.

"Why are you always unconscious when I need you!" I yelled at Fisher.

He inhaled and his eyes opened, "Huh?"

"Are you okay?" I ran over to him, kneeling by his face. My hand automatically touched his forehead and moved around the curve of his face, down to his chin.

"What happened?"

"You... don't remember?"

"I was just playing with you, I know what happened," he smiled, "Did you ever...?"

I smiled, "I think we both know the answer to that."

"Oh," he frowned, "That's okay, I understand."

"What?"

"I know you kind of still have that thing for Toby."

What thing for Toby! "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Never mind."

"Uh, I meant YES you dumbass!"

"OH!"

"Yeah."

"I was getting sick of waiting," he smiled playfully, "I've wanted to just..." He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me over to his body. Somehow I managed to land with my face a mere few inches away from his...

The hallway was exceedingly quiet.

His hands were around my waist as I felt myself move closer to him. His eyes stared into mine as I felt our lips barely touch.

"What... the fuck?"

I stopped and looked up, noticing one of my favorite friends that I hadn't seem in what seemed like forever.

"JOEL!"

"Hey Sky," he smiled, "What are you doing?"

"Er, nothing," I blushed and moved off Fisher. I stood up and laughed, "I mean, Toby tried to kill me but it's all good... How is everything? I haven't seen you since... EVER!"

"It's... yeah... I have to go to the bathroom."

"Heh, okay."

He left and walked into the bathroom a few feet away.

"That was weird."

Fisher was still on the ground, stretched out, "You're telling me. Something is up with your... friend there."

"Follow him," I said quietly.

He shook his head, "I'm good here."

"Go!"

"Fine," he stood up and casually strolled into the guys bathroom. He was back out in less than a minute.

"I didn't need to see that," he shuddered, "Why the hell didn't you tell me!"

"What?"

"He was hooking up with Matt in one of the stalls."

"How do you know it was Matt!"

He rolled his eyes, "I think I would know my best friend's shoes... He's got those Supra Vaiders or whatever he calls them. The black and white ones?"

"Oh..."

"Well this isn't awkward."

"Not at all. Should we wait?"

"I don't think so..." he laughed, "How about we ditch and go to the movies?"

"It's your first day back!"

"Yeah and I already want to get the hell out of here..." he frowned, "Matt didn't even tell me."

"He didn't want you to think of him any differently, Fish, give the kid a break..."

"He's my best friend, of course I wouldn't think of him differently," he roared at me.

"He doesn't know that."

"Of course he does. It's the non-verbal code!"

I rolled my eyes, "Right."

There were footsteps coming out of the boy's bathroom.

"Fisher?" I heard Matt's voice first, "Hey, when'd you get back?"

"Well while you and Joel were having your fun, I actually showed up for school!" he said rather punchingly.

I pushed him lightly, "Fisher, stop. Matt, ignore him."

"But we have to talk," Matt started to yell at Fisher, "Because I didn't want to lose you as my best friend! I know what you think of people like me!"

"People like you?!" Fisher pushed me out of the way, "People like you?!"

"Stop it," I again touched Fisher's shoulder. He shook my hand off.

Matt's face contorted, "Fisher, seriously?"

I kissed Fisher's lips, breaking him out of whatever influence he was under. He crushed himself against me. I could feel the pain inside of him as he pressed me against the wall.

And in the meantime, Matt and Joel were just watching us.

He stopped kissing me and turned back to Joel and Matt.

"I'm sorry, Matt," he said quietly.

Matt smiled, "So we're okay?"

"Yeah," he shook his head, "Don't go all mushy on me though because I swear I'll beat you shitless. How about we all ditch and go to a movie?"

"As long as you're not sucking her face the whole time," Joel whined, "I want to talk to SKYYYYYYY!!!" he sang.

"Okay, we'll get it out of the way first," Fisher smiled at me, "Hey."

"Hi."

"So."

"Where'd Toby go?"

He looked down at the ground. A long path of honey stretched from one side of the hall to the other, "Who gives a fuck?... All I care about is you. I think I love you, Sky."

"Awwwwwwww!" Matt yelped, "Kiss! Kiss!"

"Shut up! You're ruining the moment!" Joel smacked him in the head.

"What the hell? You bitch!" Matt slapped him.

I rolled my eyes, "Seriously guys?"

"Can we go now?" Matt whined.

"Fine," I kissed Fisher's forehead, "Well just so you know, I think I might love you too."