Katherine plays ball, gets drafted, pursues music (A Katherine One Shot)

Not the drafted you're thinking of folks. Read on to find out.

A/N:The girls are not using their real last names in this one, except for one, ages are scattered

Katherine's POV:Hey I'm Katherine Annie Braxton [played by Katherine Cimorelli] and I just turned 20. [takes place in 2016] I am a singer-songwriter and baseball player. The position I play is 1B. My musical style is Country. My goal in life is to not only be a successful musician, but also a professional major league baseball player.

IN THIS STORY:Katherine is the focus, but the other Cimorelli girls make minor appearances, except for one. See if you can find who.

I play baseball at Vanderbilt University, alumni to ESPN's Buster Olney who just so happened to watch a game of mine one day.

Buster:Nice defense.

Me:Yas thank you.

Buster:I think scouts will wanna keep an eye on you.

Me:Talent scouts? Nice.

Admittedly, I'm not much of a talker when I play baseball. Just as my game ended as my team Vanderbilt beat Alabama 5-2 to win the SEC Championship, another singer-songwriter was coming my way. Her name was Amy Blake [played by Amy Cimorelli] and she just turned 25.

Amy:Hey what's your name?

Me:Katherine Braxton, you?

Amy:I'm Amy Blake, nice to meet you.

I was 5'8", Amy was 5'4". Amy showed me her golden guitar she had won in an auction. She told me she paid $15,000 to claim it for her own. I was shocked.

Amy:Worth it. I am living a blessed life and money to me is not a factor.

Me:I see.

Amy:I'm married, have 2 kids Bryce and Jenny who are 8 and 6, and I bought my first house at 19. Basically I'm a millionaire.

Me:OMG! That's awesome.

Amy:Thank you. I got into music just 10 years ago. I found this cool band by the name of A Thousand Horses a couple years back and I told them that they are so amazing, they will go far in the music biz. My start in music came when I first heard Rascal Flatts.

Me:Country singer?

Amy:Yeah. I'm living the dream. You?

Me:Well I want to be a professional musician, but also an MLB player.

Amy:Really? Cool. How will you manage that?

Me:I don't know Amy Blake, I don't know.

Amy:Well, call me if you need advice. I'll help you with your music career. Maybe I could manage you?

Me:ME?! Manage me? We just met!

Amy:Well call me if you need anything.

Me:I will.

Amy seemed to be curious about my music career. I then was interviewed by someone from SNYtv. OK this is weird. First of all, aren't they based in New York? Maybe the scouts that were here were from New York?

Interviewer:Katherine, who do you want to draft you?

Me:Uh, I don't know.

Interviewer:Alright. Well good luck in the CWS.

Me:OK.

Sometime later, I find out my school is the #1 ranked team heading into the College World Series. I call up Amy.