Mermaids Ruined My Life (? One Shot 3)

Like with the previous, you figure out who the one shot is. It's NOT Lisa or Lauren.

The sun is shining. The beaches are calling. It's 2012 and Cimorelli just finished shooting Believe It & You Got Me Good. All was good in the world.

Except for Katherine who felt insecure about something. Amy asked her what was bugging Katherine, she said one word.

Mermaids.

Amy said, 'Oh boy. Brace yourself.'

This is a Katherine One shot

This is a Katherine One shot. Here's her POV:

----

Mermaids have been the bane of my existence. They grind my gears so much. I had a bad dream I was attacked by a bunch of them after I was at the beach the other day. The worst part was in the dream, Dani was one of them attacking me. Truth is I haven't been the friendliest to Dani lately. She accidentally broke my angel figurine which meant a lot to me personally, and a lot of other stuff happened between us. Dani loves mermaids, which doesn't make me feel too happy because mermaids don't genuinely make me feel good. So after we finished our video filming, we got home and Amy being the wise one she is actually became the voice of reason. My family considered getting seafood at a local restaurant but Amy said, 'Can we not please? Katherine is not a seafood fan. Let's just go home and eat then.' Thank you Amy.

But Dani being the idiot she is, said something really stupid. She yelled, 'I'm gonna watch The Little Mermaid while pretending I'm one. Hehe' Is Dani trying to get on my bad side? I don't like mermaids! Can't she take a hint? Dani came to me and said, 'Nothing personal Kath, I know you hate them, I'm just in one of those moods today. Blame Splash. Blame Tom Hanks and Daryl Hannah.' That made more sense. Splash made her become a mermaid lover. Still, I don't get it. What is so special about mermaids? And why are they ruining my life?! It annoys me why mermaids are torturing me.

Dani's POV:I don't get why Katherine hates mermaids. I really don't. Aren't all girls fans of mermaids? I mean I'm not THAT dedicated but I enjoy them. This one girl I know her name is Amanda, she is known as Mandy Bear The Malibu Mermaiden. She has been obsessed since she was born, and her mom and grandma were also former mermaid performers. They had a connection with that Weeki Wachee place which I've never been to but it sounds like fun. One of my goals is to go there, and maybe convince Katherine to join me. But convincing her is hard.

Katherine's POV:Can't anyone understand that I don't like mermaids period?! I'm getting so frustrated. Thankfully, Amy told me, 'Don't worry. Not everyone can like the same things.' State of the obvious but so true. So I have to learn to be accepting. Yeah tell Dani that, she tends to rub it in and brag a lot. But she's 12 so she has an excuse. I'm 20, I don't have that same luxury. So low and behold, Dani asked me to come downstairs. She felt in her reasoning it was, 'I'll make you a believer. They are not terrible.' I yelled at her and said, 'NO! STOP ASKING ME TO DO THIS. I DON'T LIKE MERMAIDS OKAY? I HAD A BAD DREAM ABOUT THEM' I think I got Dani upset, but I needed to vent. I stormed to my room. Dani shook it off but I was not happy with her again. I stayed in my room for the night feeling frustrated.

That night, what do you think happened? Yes, I dreamed about mermaids again. This time however, I was in danger and one of them saved me from falling to my demise. How did this happen? I nearly died in the dream and a mermaid saved me, after the other night they attacked me. This doesn't make sense!

MERMAIDS RUINED MY LIFE!

Yet somehow I woke up with a pep in my step the next morning and hugged Dani, after I pretty much was rude to her yesterday. I apologized and Dani said, 'It's OK. No worries.' I swear mermaids will be the death of me.

*2 years later*

It's weird how you can hate something for so long and learn to appreciate it.I still don't like mermaids that much and I still feel they ruined my life, but come to think of it, mermaids are not as bad as I initially thought.

That is until I saw Dani by the beach with her own mermaid tail costume. That really got me. Apparently she bought it from Finfolk Productions or something. I swear when you get addicted to something for so long, you end up being part of it, thus Dani is now a mermaid. Part of me wanted to strangle her, but part of me wanted to hug her. It doesn't make sense.

 It doesn't make sense

^edit I made

^edit I made

Dani's POV:I think Katherine's coming around, but who knows. So I gave myself the nickname of Ember Of The Pacific, which is my mermaid name. Obviously Ember because of my fiery personality, red hair and fierceness. I told Katherine, 'Being a mermaid performer means a lot to me Katherine, I know you don't wanna hear it but it's true. I need a small break from music so I think this will be a good way to help get my mind re-energized. Mermaids are friendly and what they do is so relaxing. I know you are proud of me so please let me do this. This means the world.'

Katherine's POV:I gave her my blessing and a hug and watched her go into the sea. Bye Dani/Ember. She said, 'Please call me Ember for the timebeing Katherine. I love you so much and, you're always worth it. Be strong. You're the sweetest person I ever met.' With that she said goodbye and swam off. I broke down because it was beautiful.

(Lauren, Lisa & Christina do not appear in this story)

Amy approached me saying, 'Where's Dani? I said, 'Dani AKA Ember joined a merpod and she will be with them for a while, taking a break from music.' Amy was devastated and she collapsed to the ground, crying very loudly. I've never seen Amy this upset.

As for me, I'm happy for Dani...I mean Ember. Ember wanted this and she is living her dream. Proud of you girl. Merpod, take good care of my sister, she is a valuable asset.

Amy's POV:I was so broken, I self-harmed later that day. DANI DIDN'T EVEN SAY GOODBYE TO ME :'( I got a phone call all of a sudden and it was from her, and she said, 'Hey Amy, I'm so sorry I didn't say a proper goodbye. This was a whirlwind for me and if I told you, you would not be happy with me. I deeply regret it. Please forgive me Amy. ILYSM.' I cried further.

Katherine's POV:I saw Amy self-harmed and, I think I passed down my hate for mermaids on to Amy. Sigh. I didn't think this would affect her this much.

Amy's POV:MERMAIDS RUINED MY LIFE!

:'(