Nineteen

"What are you talking about? What do you mean soulmates?" My voice trembled in the end, and i felt my head ache from all the thinking. The girl raised an eyebrow at us and looked back at Blake.

"You didn't tell them? Especially her?" Blake looked down at the floor and sighed, rubbing his eyes with his fingers. I stared at him, wanting him to look at me and tell me everything.

Before i could even say something, my alarm clock went off, signaling me that it was already 8. School was going to start soon. I haven't realized that i actually was looking forward to going ti school since it was the place where I can do other things, focus on other things.

Vince walked over to the clock and turned it off by pressing a button on the side. "Looks like we need to continue this later on. We don't want to be late for school, don't we?"

Jake sighed and looked back at the girl. "Fine. But theirs one question i want to know; what's you're name?"

The girl glanced at Jake and moved her fingers weirdly. "It's Olivia. Nice to meet you all."

///

"She's coming along?" I say, my voice almost cracking. Jake glanced at me as he was combing his hair. Blake, Vince and Olivia were in the living room, doing their own thing. Usually, i would order Blake to stay away from Olivia, but i felt numb all over the place, and didn't feel the need to do anything.

"Yeah. She is."

"But..." I looked down the floor while holding tightly to my heavy bag full of book's from school. "Jake..." I didn't feel like explaining the whole, we can't trust her!!! Or She's a stranger, we can't trust her! Jake seemed to have enough of it.

Jake looked at me. "Ocean, calm down." He rolled his eyes. "Just because she may be Blake's fiancee, doesn't mean you have a grudge against her."

My mouth didn't move, even if i tried. I felt weird, i felt really really numb, like i couldn't explain how confused, irritated and annoyed i was right now. I wanted to run away from everything, forget everything and have a normal life. Not this. If i knew Blake was going to make me have my life changed forever, i would have pushed him away.

I stood their until Jake grapped his things off his desk, turning off everything and switching his lamp off. His window revealed the morning sky, making the whole room be bathed with orange ness.

I followed him into the living room, where Vince was already heading out the door, and Olivia standing up and smiling. Blake looked up, his tired eyes searching for me. Before we could even make eye contact, i looked away, and headed out the door with Jake and Olivia behind me.

///

The walk towards school was silent. No one talked. Thank god. I kept getting caught into Blake's intense glare, staring back at him and looking away fast. I know, it's dumb but i didn't really feel like making eye contact with him since i felt the stabbing feeling in my stomach.

Once we entered the school gates, Olivia looked around. People, of course, stared, mostly the boys, their jaws dropping amd some girls shocked, and some just sneered amd continued doing their thing.

Then we all went our separate ways. Blake seemed to notice my silent treatment but came over to me, and started talking, "Hey". His voice sounded tjred, all right. Everything about him was tiredness.

I grunted on response and started walking towards the school building, not caring if i actually left him their, standing and confused. But he didn't. He followed, as if everything was back to normal, acting like the old Blake.

I walked faster, eager to go to class and ignore Blake who seemed to want to have my attention. Once the tardy bell rang, I flinched once i felt a hard, rough hand grap me and pull me towards a stair case that led up a floor. I didn't want to have this conversation, and i was afraid that it would turn out to be a big fight that isn't necessary to get into.

I turned towards the window, which showed the school yard that had a couple of athletic girls running along the track.

"Hey" Blake's voice sounded like a echo to me. I squinted at him as if i tried to look through him. I looked everywhere except his eyes, hoping he would let it slide. He didn't. He grapped my chin gently, and made me look at his eyes.

I felt my eyes water under his gaze. Like burning. "Wh-What?" I say, wishing I hadn't stuttered.

Blake let go of my chin, and his hand digged into his pockets. "So..." He seemed to searching for something to say, and seemed to focus on me. "Alright," he sighed, "What's wrong?" He looked at me, and his expression showed regret.

"What do you mean what's wrong?" I felt my voice rise. I didn't mean to say it like i was really mad, but it sputtered put, "you have been hiding something that is actually important. Blake, what is in you're head? What are you thinking in that thick skull of yours? Are you thinking, 'oh my god, Ocean doesn't have to know about anything in my past, because it ain't important!'. Well, guess what, Blake? Sometimes, people start trusting others, some people destroy that chance of trust. Well, Blake, you just lost you're chance in having my trust! Because, you know why? Because you weren't honest with me, and that stings me-" i patted towards my heart. "-it stings me hard. I thought you could at least tell me about you're past." My body shook with anger, that i was not expecting that was deep in my heart.

It was silent for a moment. Blake stood their, his body still, his face like a statue. His voice seemed to lower down, and my shouting seemed to effect him. "Ocean. You NEVER told me about you're past. I try to get to know you, but because of you're stupid step-brother has to ruin it. That ain't you're fault but let's talk about what you've been hiding from me. Don't be complaining about me hiding things. Yes, i was going to tell you about Olivia but it seemed you learned the hard way. I'm sorry, but i thought you trusted me. I guess i was wrong. I guess i was wrong about you trusting me" Blake's voice sounded threatening, and i realized how right he was.

I've been selfish, not telling him about my past. It didn't cross my attention, never. I stared at Blake blankly and felt my leg begin to go numb from all the standing. Blake never, once did blink. It was like a game we were playing.

I felt like I was going to blink any minute, but i didn't let myself do it. I was afraid if i blinked, Blake would disappear forever, without me telling him my apology, him walking away from me forever.

The bell rang. I didn't have any idea how much time passed by, but apparently we've been standing like idiots for a whole period. Time seemed to pass by very fast.

I blinked. Blake winned. He gave me a sour expression and walked away, getting mixed into the kids that were escaping some of their classes, to run to their next class. I tried to reach out for him with my hand. We were in a fight.

I didn't know how much this would hurt. I never been through this kind of dilemma before, especially boy's and their drama. My heart sored in a way that it felt like a burning sensation that was deep in my chest. I felt it tug on my chest, making me want to fall and crawl into a deep hole and never come out.