One

I dedicate this chapter to ama_zing for inspiring me from her amazing book called 'My Cat Is A Vampire'. It is amazing, please go check it out, she would appreciate it alot.

Alright, onto the show. ✨

--

"Ocean, can you hurry up already?" Grace called out to me, sounding a bit frustrated and annoyed.
No wonder, she hates animals. But I insist her to let me get a cat, since I want a pet.

"Hold on...which one should I get? Maybe... Oh, this one has black spots, how cute!" I gush, looking down at a white cat filled with black spots all over its silky looking fur. On the bottom, it said; Issa. A female cat that loves to play and loves to have attention. Oh no, I can't have a cat that wants my attention 24/7, I'm busy all the time, so no.

I looked at Issa, her blue eyes looking up at me with curiosity. She purred, and placed her black paw against the glass cage that seemed to be her shelter. I gave her a sad smile as I got up to look at more cats at the other side of the pet store.

"Sorry Issa" I muttered as I walked away from her glass cage. I went to the other side, hearing scratches against the glass, and some of the cats sleeping soundly.

I looked at all of them, seeing a couple of names drawn in the bottom, but they all didn't seem right to me. Suddenly, I looked up, feeling like I lost hope, until my eye catch a glimpse of a glass cage. I walked in front of it, and inside was a black cat, its fur, looking silky, and dark like the midnight sky.

I looked at the bottom, reading, Blake. A Male cat that loves to cuddle and sleep soundly. I knew, I could feel it, that Blake was perfect. I smiled, tapping on the glass to get his attention. He turned, facing me, stunned. His eyes; they were green, emerald green, mixed in with blue, and some gray. It shined in excitement, showing me that he was waiting for me to decide.

"Grace, I think I found the one" I said, still looking at Blake in glory, and excitement. He looked back, and placed his paw on the glass cage, like he was trying to reach out for me. I smiled, placing my finger to his paw.

"God, finally, Ocean, you took forever!" Grace whined, rolling her eyes and acting as if I took a million years.

I only took 5 minutes, chill. I thought, rolling my eyes as Grace looked away for a minute. You see, if I ever did talk back to Grace, hell will start.

I opened the cage, opening my hands, watching the black cat crawl out of his cage and onto my hands. I petted him, feeling the silky fur, just as I expected. I smiled, and he looked up and started purring, licking his paw and got comfortable in my arms. I walked up to the cashier, and was shocked when I saw the familiar face.

Scott Fisherman.

Let me get things clear; I am a high schooler, in my last year, and two weeks has past since the first day. Well, you see, before I entered Gear High School, I was in an other high school. But since Harold, my step-dad, had gotten a new job at California, we all moved over here and that was when school year started. New school, ment new friends, new rules and new life. Well, I did make one friend and that friend is Hanna. She told me the ways in Gear High School and what I should not do and do.