Chapter 21: Last Year Of School

Harry POV:

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I was staring at the ceiling, I was warm and comfortable and squeezed my eyes shut for a second listening to Ginny's soft snores from next to me. I turned my head to look at her, she lay sprawled out on the bed, one arm flung over my chest the other curled up by her head. Her vibrant red hair a flowing mess around her. Her face as angelic as always, her mouth slightly open, her nose scrunched up, she looked adorable. I pulled her close and kissed her nose and freckles. Her nose scrunched up even more and she opened her eyes. "Morning Harry" she yawned, "morning love" I said with a grin, "what?" she asked, "today" I said simply, I said kissing her nose again, "today..." She said in a questioning tone, "we go back to school?" I suggested, her face lit up. "Oh yes! I forgot. Get up! Come on!" She said untangling herself from the warmth of the bed and standing up abruptly, she tugged at my hand. I laughed at her enthusiasm before standing myself.

"Ok I'm going to take a shower, use another bathroom, we need to get ready" she said grinning, I shook my head laughing at my beautiful wife before jogging to the downstairs bathroom. I quickly showered and shaved before running upstairs to get changed. Ginny was making a desperate attempt to cram all her books into her trunk as well as her robes, supplies and other stuff. "Calm down it;'s only 8" I told her pulling on a shirt, "I know, I just can't wait to get back" She said hugging herself, I chuckled and slipped on some boxers. "Okay I'll make breakfast whilst you dress and pack them we can meet up with Ron and Hermione and-" she said starting to walk out, "uhm aren't you forgetting something?" I asked, she was still in her pyjamas. "Oh yeah, yes!" She said before pulling on some clothes.

I pulled on my jeans, socks and shoes. "Where's my trunk?" I asked, "in our cupboard dear" she said, "dear?" I said, "we're married?" She asked suggestively, "I like it" I said, she laughed "that's good" she said, I pulled it out and started neatly packing my things. Ginny left with a kiss on my cheek to make breakfast, I finished and picked up my wand levitating our things downstairs after grabbing my glasses and putting them on, my vision immediately cleared.

"Harry! Breakfast's ready!" Ginny called as I dropped the trunks softly at the bottom of the stairs, "hello love" I said walking through the door. I sat down to a plate of pancakes with syrup, "great thanks Gin" I said tucking in, she sat across from me, "no problem scarhead" she said with a grin, "you haven't called me that since before the war" I chuckled. Before she could continue there was a knock at the door back door. "Come in" she called, Ron and Hermione walked in, "hey guys" Hermione said cheerfully, "ooh pancakes, leave any for me?" Ron asked, "Ronald!" Cried Hermione hitting his arm, we all laughed. "You guys nearly ready?" Ron asked, I nodded swallowing my mouth full of food, "we just need to eat and then we'll be on our way" I said, "that's great, James and Lily and Mr and Mrs Weasley said they'll meet us at the station" Hermione said, Ginny grinned "wicked" she said. "Don't forget your badges" Hermione said pointing to our shining prefect badges in the counter.
We'd been sent a letter telling us we'd be prefects this year.
~Flashback~
I was sitting on Gin's bed, playing with her hair when there was a loud hoot from outside the window, "what's that?" She asked crawling off my lap and opening her window, I saw as she took two official Hogwarts letters from a mighty majestic looking black owl. He hooted softly and she put some coins in his pouch and stroked his head, he flew off as she shut it again. "Wonder what these are" she said passing me one, I opened it carefully and a shiny badge fell out. An excited squeal came from next door, "prefects" Ginny gasped, Hermione ran in clutching her letter, Ron running in after her. "We're gonna be prefects" Ron said grinning, I nodded slowly turning my badge over and studying it, it looked awesome. The shiny newness of it. It was red with the gold lion of Gryffindor printed on it, Prefect it said boldly in gold and red writing. I was honoured, I scanned the letter and punched the air. We all ran excitedly to tell very one and had a massive meal to celebrate.