Goodbye?

"Babe..." I cut him off. "No Sammy... dont call me babe... please." I looked him in the eyes. He frowned and took his arm away from my back. "Really Lexi? I have been searching for you for years... I'm not happy without you. I love you more than you know... Obviously you didnt care about me. You never missed me. You were glad I was gone..." Sammy said, his voice getting louder. "Are you serious???? I missed you so much. I love you and I always will. I named a penguin after you. Do you really think it was easy being the single mom and hearing your music on the radio? I broke down crying... I just needed time. I didnt think you wanted either of us... You had a career ahead of you and I didnt want to mess everything up..." I kept looking him in the eyes. "I just dont get how you got the idea I didnt want to be in Carters life. I missed so much of hers and your life. I promise if you take me back, I will treat you like a queen. I wont be the person I was in Omaha" He said grabbing my hands. "Sammy..." I was interrupted by Carter. "Mommy, I need you to help Sam." I looked at her confused then realized that she was talking about the stuffed penguin. She handed it to me and it had a rip in the chest. Aww... poor Sam... of course I will fix him. Just go and watch tv and I will fix him right up." I smiled at her and she ran off to the living room. I grabbed the sewing kit and started sewing. I was taken out of my thoughts by Sammy. "So, what were you going to say?" he asked. I looked at him then back at the penguin. "If I did take you back, I want everything to be the same except for the other girl part... I just dont know if I am ready to come back to you yet." I said tears brimming my eyes. "I get it... call me when you have everything figured out..." Sammy said. He had a frown on his face and it looked like he was going to cry. "Im sorry for everything..." Hhe said with a tear running down his cheek. With that, he walked out the door. I stood there. Tears brimmed my eyes and before my brain could register whats going on, I heard the front door shut. I ran as fast as I could out the front door. But by the time I got outside, he had already driven off... I called the one person that I knew would understand...