The Bet

I ran to Ash's house and saw Jack G's car in her driveway. I didnt want to bugg them so I went for a walk. I went to the park and I saw the boys (except for Jack G of course) playing basketball. I wanted to play but Sammy was there. Skate saw me and ran over. He was trying to convince me to play basketball. "For the last time Skate, no. Sammy is over there and I dont want to deal with him right now." I said looking him straight in his eyes. "Come play Alex. One on one. If you win, I will do whatever you want me to. But if I win, you have to make up with Sammy. He is really upset that he lost you and its obvious that you two love each other." I thought about it. Skate and I had the same skill level for basketball. "What the hell, I'll do it" I said confidently. I was ready for this. The other boys stepped back. They were told that stakes and we did a jump ball but Skate got it because he is taller. I stole the ball and got a 3 pointer. Then he got a 3 pointer. This went on for an hour. We were tied next point wins. The boys were cheering for Skate and I had nobody cheering for me until I heard "Go Alex!" its the last voice I thought I would hear which was Sammy's. Skate fouled me so I got a free throw. I was thinking about what I should do. I threw it and missed on purpose. I hoped nobody noticed that. Skate grabbed the ball and shot a 3 pointer and everyone cheered. Skate went to shake my hand and he pulled me into a hug and whispered "I know you did that on purpose. ow go get your man" He said with a wink. I giggled and ran over to Sammy and kissed him. He broke the kiss and stared at me. "Alexa Lypton, I know we are young but I dont really care. I loved you ever since I saw you. You accept me for who I am on the inside, not just my looks and I can't imagine spending my life without you." Sammy got down on one knee. This was a set up... "Alexa, will you marry me?" I cried happy tears and nodded. I hugged him and saw Jack G and Ash watching us. Ash had happy tears also. I kissed Sammy. My life couldnt get any better.