Chapter 12 ~ Fangorn Forest

After a while of running the Hobbits stumble and fall over causing me to stop and check to make sure they are okay. "Did we lose him? I think we lost him." Pippin says looking around when suddenly an Orc appears running through the trees saying, "I'm going to rip out your filthy little innards!" I let out an annoyed groan as I once again pull the Hobbit's to their feet and tell them to run. "Come here!"

"Up into the trees!" I say as I pick Pippin up and hoist him to a branch above my head. 

"What about you?" Merry asks and I smile as I say, "Don't worry about me. I'll think of something. Now go!" I say as I grab him and toss him up into the tree along with Pippin. I watch as they climb high and higher. I turn around looking for the Orc and am surprised to see that I'm alone. "He's gone." Merry says as he looks around.

I let out a sigh of relief and turn just in time to see the Orc appear in front of me making me let out a loud scream. Falling backwards onto my back I try to kick the Orc away. "_______!" I hear the Hobbits call out my name over and over again. I stare at the Orc my eyes filled with fear as he says holding his dagger over my body, "Let's put a maggot hole in your belly!" I glance past him to see the tree holding the Hobbits move and stare at it wide eyed. The Orc hears a noise just as the tree moves forward and stands on him.

"Run, _____!" I hear Merry and Pippin cry out but I stand fast as the tree reaches down and pick me up. The tree holds me in one hand and them in his other as he says, "Little Orcs. Buraroom." 

"It's talking, Merry. The tree is talking." Pippin says staring at the tree in shock like the rest of us.

 "Tree? I am no tree! I am an Ent." The tree says his voice deep and booming. 

 "A tree-herder. A shepherd of the forest." Merry says full of wonderment. 

"Don't talk to it, Merry. Don't encourage it!" Pippin says and I roll my eyes as I say, "Pippin don't be rude!"

"Treebeard, some call me." The Ent replies and I smile as Pippin says, "And whose side are you on?" 

"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody's on my side, little Orc. Nobody cares for the woods anymore." 

"We're not Orcs." I say getting his attention. "I'm an Elf and they are Hobbit's." 

"Hobbits? Never heard of a Hobbit before. Sounds like Orc mischief to me!" He replies squeezing us in his grasp making us gasp for air as he continues saying, "They come with fire. They come with axes. Gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning! Destroyers and usurpers! Curse them!"

"No! You don't understand. We're Hobbits! Halflings! Shire-folk!" Merry says as he tries to catch his breath. 

"Maybe you are......and maybe you aren't. The White Wizard will know." He replies and my heart jumps in my throat as I say to myself, "Gandalf!" 

Suddenly Treebeard puts us down and we look up to see the White Wizard. Tears fill my eyes as I jump to my feet and running into his arms cry out, "Gandalf!" His arms wrap around me a bright smiling covering his face as the Hobbits stare at him in confusion. 

"You're alive?" Pippin says as he helps Merry to his feet. 

"I am young Peregrin Took." He says pulling away from me. 

"How?" Merry asks as he stares at the now white wizard. 

"I will explain later for now I entrust you to the company of Treebeard. He will take you where you need to go. As _______ and I have some thing's to discuss."

The Hobbits had a look on their faces clearly saying that they were still curios but instead of arguing just nod until Merry realizes that I am not going with them. "Wait, why is ______ not coming with us?"