1. Where have all the good men gone?

Lydia's POV:
One, two, three.
I hummed the tune, flipping the page in my magazine as I lie on my bed. It was a normal Saturday night, except the fact that my best friend Allison wasn't here, and my favorite song played from my laptop which sat on top of my desk.

"Going to work!" My mom shouts from downstairs.
"Kk! Love you!" I yell back.
"Love you too!"
Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods?
It was eight o'clock, the normal time when my mom left for work at the office.
Where's the street wise Hercules to fight the rising odds?
I was used to falling asleep in an empty house but usually, on Saturdays, Allison would come over and we'd binge watch chick flicks on Netflix.
Late at night I toss and turn.
I discard the magazine on my floor and roll over on my back, closing my eyes and shouting the course.
"I need a hero! I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night! He's gotta be strong. He's  gotta be fast. And he's gotta be larger than life. Larger than life."

A pair of hands taps on my abdomen and my eyes jolt open as I scream. I kick my intruder in the chest and he falls to the floor with a loud grunt. Peering over the edge of my bed, I sigh in relief.
"Stiles, what the hell!" I climb off of my mattress and help him stand up. He holds his stomach and I notice my window is open. Rolling my eyes, I close the window then turn off the music and Stiles sits on my bed.

"You came in through the window?" I question, sitting next to him as he rubs his chest.
"You kicked me!" He groans.
"I thought you were a predator!" I yell and he glares at me. "Where's your sister?" I ask.
He sighs. "On a date."

"A WHAT?" I shove him playfully but he doesn't seem very enthusiastic about it.
"With Scott." He says dully and I wince. Allison, Scott, Stiles and I had all been best friends since the third grade though Scott and Stiles relationship was much stronger than anyone else's. Allison, being Stiles' adoptive sister, had always been like a sister to Scott as well as to me.

I could imagine Stiles wanting to choke Scott for "betraying him".
"Why didn't she tell me?" I ask and he flops back against my comforter, staring at my ceiling fan. His hands clasp around the back of his head as he sighs.
"Why didn't she tell me?" He mumbles causing me to smile. I lean over, wrapping my arms around his torso in a hug and he moves his hands from his head to my back.

I sit up so my chin is on his chest and he looks down on me.
"I'll take you to see the new Avengers, come on." I say and he chuckles.
"I've already seen it." He pauses. "Three times."
I let out a laugh and sit up, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Mission Impossible it is then."

Stiles smirks as I stand, making my way over to my closet and grabbing a purse. My outfit was already perfect: dark blue floral button up dress, nude flats and lightly curled hair with full makeup. All I needed was my brown leather purse and I was set.
"You're a good singer by the way." He grins and I punch him playfully in the arm.

We make our way downstairs and I close the front door behind us. His jeep was parked in the driveway and I smile at the memories that flash across my mind. He opens the passenger door for me and I slip inside, thanking him. He gets behind the wheel, starting the old car and backing out of the driveway. Halfway down my street, I get a call from Allison and I put it on speaker.

"Yo, yo, yo whaddup?" I answer in my best gangster voice and Allison sighs.
"Oh god, your with Stiles aren't you?" Stiles and I burst out in laughter at her mother-like tone.
"Definitely with Stiles... Anyway, Scott and I are going to Jackson's for an end of the summer party, you two are coming. See you there." Without asking if we actually wanted to go, she hangs up.

Stiles chuckles and turns down the road that leads to Jackson's.
"She's always got a freaking stick up her ass." He laughs and I playfully roll my eyes.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
The party, like all of Jackson's famous ones, was chaotic and loud. The lights were off and had been replaced with bright flashing strobe lights. The music was turned up all the way to a brain exploding volume, the bass pounding through my head.