~Prologue~

-Storyteller's P.O.V-

The leader walked in to the room. Six pair of eyes pierced him as he stepped through the door. Six people were glancing at him like hungry vultures searching for their victim. He was pressing a tiny picture between his fingers. The smile from the face in the picture was looking at him like the person in the photo would have been standing in front of his eyes.

Everyone unintentionally leaned in closer as he slammed the door behind his back and stopped in the middle of the room. He looked around scanning everyone's faces, figuring their thoughts out.

"What you got there?"

Alec asked quickly grabbing on to the picture the leader was holding. He dodged the hand reaching for the photo and smiled mysteriously.

"First thing first."

He scolded and everyone got up on their feet. That could only meant one thing, there was something secretive going on.

"What's up, Devan?"

Tyrell was bouncing out of excitement. He was ready for a new adventure.

"Boys, gather around."

Devan used his influence as leader and decided to tease his friends for a little bit longer.

"Devan, you're killing us!"

Ross complained and Devan nodded.

"Boringness, that's what killing us. Don't you think our lives got a little bit... uninteresting?"

Everyone agreed silently, but Devan didn't even need their approval said out loud, he knew they were going to listen to him.

"You mean the intrigue disappeared?"

Jeremiah questioned Devan walked up to the younger guy and put his hand on the shoulder of his friend.

"That's exactly what I'm saying my man."

Everyone exchanged a stare, Devan liked messing with them, teasing everybody until they couldn't handle it anymore.

"So what are you suggesting?"

Dorian questioned, he obviously couldn't help, but glare at the little square in Devan's hand. He felt the stare and without thinking squashed the photo in between his fingers harder.

"Heart games."

Those two words touched everyone in the room. They seemed to be pressed under the huge rock, somehow that simple phrase impressed them unconditionally.

"Heart games? What are you five?"

Caiden sarcastically replied and everyone else gasped. No one expected somebody to stand up against their leader. Somebody to make fun of him. Neither of the guys ever really talked about it, but it was like an unwritten rule that the leader kind of was untouchable.

"Five or sixty five, it's irrelevant."

Devan moved closer to Caiden, who was casually standing with his arms crossed on the chest. He didn't even hesitated before throwing another sarcastic comment. He wasn't intimidated by Devan not even a tiniest bit.

"Leave games for kids."

He laughed at Devan's face. Little flames lighted up in the guy's eyes. He saw a challenge coming up his way, he was determent to confront everyone, who will go against his will, until they will agree he is the boss.

"And how about the bet?"

Devan raised his eyebrow askingly.

"A bet?"