Chapter XII

-Avery McCoy's P.O.V-

The rain was pouring down on me. Did I look like I cared? I probably didn't. I let those lonely tears wet my clothes and hair. I heard people walk pass me, every step they were splashing small puddles that already formed on the road. I smiled to my reflection on the ground, but it came out quite sad. Seconds later the car drove on the puddle and my reflection disappeared like the mirror just had been shattered.

Like my heart. Millions of pieces, reminding me of rain drops, were lying on the ground invisible for people, who walked over them .They were stepping on to my heart and soul, crushing what's left, and didn't even seem to notice.

It wasn't Caiden's fault. He was a great guy, I had to admit. Nice, a real gentleman, there when you need him. Why couldn't I fell for someone like him? I wanted to, but I didn't know if it was possible. Everything is possible a little voice in my head scolded me. That voice was right, anything could be done, but it needs time. And I guess the time I got to spent apart from Devan didn't do the trick. I was still crazy about him.

As much as a girl could be crazy about a guy, she knew too well not to call her best friend.

"Miss?"

Some guy's voice came from behind me. I didn't turn around. Either I didn't want to face anyone until I will be able to think straight, or I wanted, slash hoped, it wasn't meant for me.

But I heard it again, and then someone tapped me on my shoulder. I finally turned around and almost screamed. My eyes were playing cruel games with me as I thought it was Devan standing there, but just a half a second later it was clear that it was my mind tricking me in to this ambush.

"Huh?"

He smiled sweetly and without asking put an umbrella above my head. I looked up and tilted my head. Something was wrong, somehow that umbrella covering me from rain wasn't right. I should have let the drops reach me. I should have let those pain tears wash away my own pain.

"Miss." He repeated, but I could swear, maybe I was insane, but I could swear that I heard him call my name under his breathe. "You will catch cold."

"Don't worry. I'll be fine." I stepped away from umbrella and sadly grinned. I wasn't going to be fine, but I didn't mean the cold, it was the least I cared about.

"Let me at least walk you!"

He offered, I wanted to decline his offer immediately, but my imagination was against me as Devan's face jumped in front of me again and I unintentionally nodded. The guy seemed pleased.

We started walking quietly, no one seemed up for the chat. But we didn't even needed it. This silence wasn't awkward. All though I got a little bit curious. We were walking to nowhere, since I needed to come back to the library, I kind of turned around without warning and he just tried to follow me.

"I'm Avery."

I decided to break the silence and he nodded like he knew that already. The next words he said just confirmed my guess.

"I know. Devan, he works in library, told me about you." I looked away from him, I couldn't even think about Devan. Why he had to remind me of him? Was he from GOT7? "What's wrong?"

My sudden mood swing didn't go unnoticed.

"Nothing. What's your name?"

I changed the subject, rejecting the urge to ask him everything he knows about Devan.

"Jeramiah Bates, pleasure."

"Say, you're from GOT7 aren't you?"

I don't know why even bothered asking. The answer was obvious. All of the guys in the club had the same vibe coming from them, however neither one of them was intimidating as much, or at all, like Devan. Maybe it was because I didn't know them as well. Maybe it was because I knew Devan too well.

"The rain seems to be getting harder."

Jeramiah stated and I turned to him, like from some romantic movie. Did he just started talking about weather? I think he did. I dramatically grabbed on to my heart and pretended to choke. He was staring at my act and I couldn't blame him, I sure did look like a weirdo.

"Do you know what I think?"

"What is it?"

He carefully asked, it looked like he expected me to jump on him and bite his nose off or something. I giggled at my stupid thoughts as Jeramiah was still waiting for an answer.

"Rain is just like tears."

I said and surprisingly he nodded agreeing. I scanned him with my eyes. Maybe he experienced something too? One sided love?

"I couldn't agree more."

"You know, sometimes you feel alone, sometimes you feel unworthy. But when the rain hits... you understand that there's someone out there, who is suffering way more than you."

As I said that I covered my mouth with palms. And glanced at Jeramiah. He was surprised by my words. I just met this guy and suddenly out of nowhere shared the feelings hiding in the corners of my soul with him.

The deep dark hole that was sucking in all of my emotions for as long as I could remember suddenly opened. And not just to me or someone that I knew very well and wasn't scared to share my deepest thoughts with.

It was the guy I just met, who I made to learn about it.

"Avery." Jeremiah smiled at me. His arm was shaking from holding umbrella for so long, I felt kind of guilty for not offering help. "I never heard someone say words that would reflect my soul better."

Was he playing? It didn't seem like he was joking. I took a better look at him. In reality he was nothing like Devan, neither his looks nor mind flow, they weren't similar at all. How could I ever thought it was him? Even if for a second. I don't like the game my heart is playing with me.

"I think we have a lot of things going on behind our faces."

Behind our masks. Mask was something I used for a long time. To hide from the world, to hide from myself.

Hi!!!!! Is this story sad or just plain??! Let me know!!!! Thanks for reading, love ya ♥♥♥
TheBabelle