Chapter LI

-Avery McCoy's P.O.V-

"Devan?"

I asked stepping in to the room. He was sitting on the bed with his back leaning on the pillows. His arms was still attached to beeping and squeaking machines, but he looked way better than before. Before, when he looked like a ghost. Now he reminded me of the real human being.

All of the doctors and nurses politely left the chamber and closed the door cheerfully smiling. I looked back at them for a second hoping to maybe see my friends' faces just for a little bit of encouragement. But the doors were already closed and there was only me and him, alone in this room.

"Avery, you came."

Devan weakly whispered in disbelief. Of course I did. I would have never disappointed him, at least not consciously.

"How are you?"

Devan looked around at all the stuff he was attached to and grinned sourly. That question was just too weird to ask at his conditions.

"Oh, I'm doing great."

He said but there was no sarcasm in his voice. I gladly sighted and put my palm over his while sitting down. The relive flattered my heart as he didn't move away from me after sitting down or touching him. However his hand seemed cold, completely frozen.

"You wanted to talk?"

I carefully reminded him. I wanted to take as much time as I got from this, I wanted to sink every little drop from this conversation. But at the same time I knew he needed help. Now. I couldn't take very long.

"Colby told you about the bet."

It wasn't even a question, he just stated it as a fact. As a matter of fact it was quite a common information to know for someone like Devan, he knew me so well and Colby as well, it was obvious that my big brother would have never hid something like that from me.

"He did."

I answered anyways. Devan seemed to be carried away, but suddenly he grabbed my hand stronger and pressed his fingers on my skin. He pulled me closer and looked right in to my eyes. He didn't look as weak as just a second ago.

"I am so sorry that I couldn't describe it. I understand if you couldn't forgive me, but I just wanted you to know how I truly felt about it, just in case... anything goes wrong."

He obviously glanced at the machines, which beeped a little bit louder. Our time before doctor's came back was running out. And from there on, his life was in their hands and there was nothing I could have changed except for begging to let him stay with me.

"Devan, you have to know something too."

I said full of hopes that he will never use this, what I was about to tell him, against me. Because I fully trusted him.

"Avery-"

I cut him off with a kiss. The passion expressed with little sparks in the air, the electricity between us came off quite painful as little flames sparked up between our skins brushing against one another. I didn't care. I was with him.

"Doesn't matter how many times you hurt me, believe me, I can handle it."

It was so true, I could have forgiven anything for him, and at the same time I wanted that to be a lie. He could have easily used that against me. It was a powerful weapon in the wrongs hands.

"Have you decided?"

I was almost certain that I knew what he was talking about.

"I would always choose you no matter what."

I whispered smiling, even if he couldn't see me grin since our faces were so close everything blurted.

"You chose to love me?"

He raised his eyebrows and some strange tone appeared in his voice. Was it surprise or shock? Satisfaction or disappointment?

"I chose to never stop loving you."

I corrected him. I could feel that someone was right behind the doors. I quickly gave him one last kiss before standing up. As the doctor walked in I was near the door already.

"It's not very clever for a smart girl as you."

Devan said and I could feel him smiling, I turned back and chuckled. No one, who hadn't heard the start of this conversation would have understood the following words of mine so I wasn't afraid to say it.

"I didn't say it was a smart decision, but it was definitely a right choice."

I closed the door and someone from behind me giggled. I looked back and saw Colby staring down at me, Sherry was standing in the background she was holding Tyrell's hand and her face was as happy as never before.

"Since when does my sister makes choices without asking my opinion first?"

Colby was trying to act all serious, but I could see right though him.

"Since the moment I grew up."

I stuck my tongue out just showing off my childish and definitely for adult style not categorized side. Colby grabbed me and hugged at instant.

"Okay, okay. You are not my child sister anymore, but you will always be my little sister!"

He reminded protectively hugging me and intimidatingly glaring at all the guys at the same time.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"We came as soon as we heard what happened."

Sherry answered my question silently pointing at Tyrell. He notice her finger poking him and immediately took it down, when dramatically looked around and pretended to investigate if no one saw that. I nodded at him with the smile thanking, I needed my family with me.

"Man, Colby, I'm so sorry, can I make it up to you?"

Caiden walked up to my brother, he had his arms wide open showing that he has nothing against us. Colby quickly peekd at me and we spoke with no words, that's how our sibling magic worked.

"It's okay, as long as Avery feels no anger towards you."

Caiden looked at me full with hopes. I almost pouted at him, but his expression was truly painful, begging for forgiveness.

"Don't worry. It's not your fault."

I pointed at the hospital's chamber's door and silently chuckled. Caiden was obviously relieved.

Now all we had to do was to wait. Wait until we learn the truth.

This is the chapter of mixed emotions, I am glad to get so near the end, but at the same time I am kind of sad to say goodbye to the characters I got used to! Please leave your thoughts for me to read! Thanks ♥♥♥

TheBabelle