Chapter XXXXVI

-Avery's McCoy's P.O.V-

Few people were in library. They wouldn't even tilt their heads from the books. I was worried sick, still shaking from last night. Devan hadn't come in to work today yet and I was bouncing on my seat out of curiosity and impatience.

Colby put his hand on my shoulder and made me sit straight for a moment. I looked up as he grinned and winked. I knew he was quietly trying to help me, but I didn't know if that worked. I was determined. Very, very determent. I wanted to hurt him, all of them, but in order to do so, I had to face them. And that's what I wasn't sure about.

Maybe I wasn't ready, but there wasn't a better time than now. Now or never, have you ever heard that saying? Well, it fit perfectly in this situation.

"Can I talk-?"

I recognized the voice and immediately turned around. Colby's face wasn't promising anything good. As I guessed Caiden was standing in front of my desk. He reached his hand forwards trying to catch Colby, but he walked away already. My heart pounded as I understood I was left alone to deal with this. Colby didn't want to face his 'friend' and I completely understood his decision.

Just didn't know how to break it down to Caiden. He will not be informed about me knowledge of their bet.

"Hey, Caiden, looking for books again?"

My voice sounded way too happy and I was way nicer than I used to in general. I had to bit inside of my mouth to calm me down and lower my voice a whole notch, since I earned glares from couple of people hiding their faces behind piles of books.

"Hi...Hi Avery."

Caiden was having an obvious inner fight. I saw how questioned popped in to his mind. He probably was thinking if Colby didn't tell me. I wanted to shout in to his face how foolish it was to think that my own bother, who always was there for me, wouldn't tell me something like that.

"What was that about?"

I pointed at Colby while snorting. I just went along with my role and Caiden slowly started to buy it.

"I'm not sure."

He stated and nodded to himself few times before flashing a smile. It didn't look very convincing. I caught Caiden staring at my hair, which was looking a little better after Sherry got her hands on it, but it was still mad short comparing to my lock that was hanging around my waits.

"What do you think?"

I ran fingers through my hair and sweetly smiled to Caiden.

"It looks great." He nodded and scanned me again. "Why did you cut it?"

I shrugged my shoulders and looked away for a moment.

"Devan-"

I wasn't able to finish, when suddenly Caiden cut me off looking around searching for Devan like he was going to jump out of the corner with pair of scissors and will try to cut the rest of my hair.

"Devan cut off your hair?"

He seemed to be concerned, but it couldn't fool me, not anymore, not when I knew it was all a game, he deserved A plus for acting. But I wasn't half bad at it myself.

"No, don't worry..." I put my hand on to his hand that was lying on the desk and chuckled. „He was my... inspiration."

It was so hard to touch him after I knew what he got himself into. I was dead curious why he did it. What was he going to get out of that bet? Maybe it was me, but somehow I still believed that even those boys wouldn't have tried to hurt me just for fun. I wondered about the prize the winner would have received. Yes, would have. I wasn't going to let anyone win after finding out about their sneaky plans.

It was my time to play. Play the heart games.

"Do you mind?"

He asked softly stroking the back of my hand. I shook my head with no idea what he had in mind. As the actions followed his words, Caiden suddenly pulled me closer and his face by now was few inches from mine.

Even if I hated everything about him for what he have done, I still couldn't believe how quickly his eyes sucked me in to them. I just couldn't resist it. And he probably felt it.

"Caiden what are...?"

He leaned even closer, which I didn't think was possible. Our lips still wasn't touching, and thank God they weren't, but our noses was brushing against one another and I almost chuckled as his breathe tickled my skin.

"Can I see you in the other light?"

I looked up at the ceiling there the light were, but first of all they weren't turned on, there was enough sunshine coming from behind the windows, and just yesterday I thought that sun will never rise again, however it did, not even considering my expectations.

"Depends on what you mean."

I informed him. As first I was acting too sweet, no I couldn't control my cold attitude. I was unable to balance it out, even if I tried.

"That concert I spoke about..."

He softened his voice and it somehow became deeper. My whole body bewildered, but I kept the eye contact. If this was staring battle I would have most definitely never gave up. Caiden understood my determination after few moments and grinned.

"Yeah, what about it?"

Maybe the fate was giving me a chance to teach him a lesson right away. I wouldn't be against it.

"It's tonight."

He ended the idea and I evilly smile din my mind, but I hope that my real grin came out soft and cheerful.

"Don't worry, I'll be there."

"Maybe let me pick you up."

He chuckle and leaned back breaking the eye contact and ending a staring contest.

"Maybe I will."

I wanted to twirl a lock of hair around my finger flirty, but my hand shoot though the air and didn't touch a thing. Just then I remembered that my hair was no longer down to my waist. I awkwardly giggled, but luckily Caiden didn't notice my mistake.

"I can't wait."

Me neither.

Hey reader!!!! Hope you're still reading this story! Thanks! Love ya ♥♥♥