Chapter XXXIV

-Avery McCoy's P.O.V-

It was Monday again and I was sitting on the top of the roof with my head resting on Alec's chest, that's how I was spending my lunch break. I inhaled the fresh air, I missed while sitting down there in the library, but at the same time now I wanted to feel all of the books. As people say it is better where you are not at the moment.

"What are you thinking about?"

Alec softly spoke. I almost forgot how rude he appeared the first time we met, now he was all sweet and cute, he cared after me like his own sister. I would sometimes see Ada walking down the hall, she would always wave at me and smile. I would never miss an opportunity to greet her as well. She was truly an awesome girl and a strong one too.

Knowing that she had to come though, what obstacles she had to climb over, it would just break my heart every time I think about it. On the other hand we had Alec, who had experienced the same is sister if not more.

"About you."

I admitted, I just couldn't see the point in hiding it.

"Oh really?" He chuckled it surprised him, hopefully, it was a pleasant surprise. "What about me?"

I looked to the said and then lifted my head where my and his eyes met. I smiled, but it was so strange to even think about being happy. Dark thought tried to reach my mind and create a nest there. Especially the ones about Devan. Of course, I didn't tell Alec I was thinking about some Devan, while I was up here with him in his special place.

"How did you move on from your past?"

I asked out of the blue. I was thinking about it and it actually was tingling my mind to ask from the time he told me his story. I wanted to learn to deal with my own past like he was able to do with his.

"I didn't."

He shook his head and looked up at the sky. It was almost clear today, no cloud, neither puffy cotton candy ones or the ones full of rain, it was just clear, plain and blue. Just like my thoughts.

"But you live, and it... does it come and haunt you?"

"All the time. Avery, what are you thinking about? I told you my past and... well, worries, but how about you, you seemed to be locked up in your shell."

He noticed. He knew what was going on. He cared about it. And still all I could think about was Devan. He's dark almost black eyes, he's thick lips forming in to the smile, and how he frowns when he's disappointed with himself. And his completely ignorance to the fact that other people have feeling s too.

"Why can't I run and hide? Why do I have to face it?"

"Face what?"

That's right, I did not tell him. Was I going to? Probably not.

"I'm sorry, one second."

I said to Alec without replying to his question and got up from his embrace, my phone was going crazy as someone called, and the melody filled the whole space around us.

"Avery?"

Stupid me, why didn't I check who was calling me before answering the call?

"Hello?"

Alec was throwing stares towards me, I felt guilty for interfering with our relaxation, for ruining the moment. It was just his place and I was lucky enough to see it up close thanks to him, but now with a help of this call, I was giving out the special feeling, which this place had to it, in some way.

"Meet me at the "Capes and Masks" park's gates tomorrow, ten am."

"Ok-okay."

I still wanted to ask, who was calling, but the person on the other end hung up too fast for me to say anything else than just an agreement. I looked at the screen as I took the phone away from my ear and was surprised to find out that it was Jeramiah, who finally decided to mix things up and made this call.

"Is everything alright?"

I could see the curiosity lighten up in Alec's face, but I doubt it that he was intrigued by my mysterious call, way more he wanted to learn something about my past, to know what or who I was running from.

I knew it was selfish for me to keep it locked away inside my heart for such a long time, especially after Alec told me his story, and I have to say, my problems were nothing compared to his. But everyone has it own things to deal with and they always seem bigger than the other people's.

"I think."

I nodded and pouted. If I wasn't going to get off this roof soon enough the question will be popped and then... then there would only be one escape. To jump off. Gosh, I still wanted to live, even if I haven't solved my problems!

"What is that-"

"I should get going!"

I waved at him and started getting down the ladder. I jumped off the last few tiers. I screamed as someone gasped from behind me. I thought no one was aware about this place existing, I turned around and faced Ada, Alec's sister.

"Ada! You scared me."

I said to her and smiled. However first thing that caught my eye was that her face was red and puffy, her eyes were watery and her lips were shaking, I squinted my eyes to see better in the dark room. I wasn't mistaking, she did look sad, and she would always look so cheerful.

"I'm sorry, it's just... is Alec up there?"

She pointed at the roof above my head and I followed her finger like I didn't know what was there.

"He is. Ada, but is everything alright?"

I didn't add that there is no point in lying, it was too obvious not to notice how broken she felt.

"Yeah, don't worry."

She grinned at me and started climbing the ladder. I didn't know her too well to just follow and start investigating what is going on, besides her brother was waiting there, he will sure help her with anything. I knew he will, Alec never disappointed his sister.

�|^LLS|

Hey reader!! I love to hear any thoughts about the story that you have!!! So please, please, please comment them! Thanks for reading, love ya ♥♥♥

TheBabelle