Chapter XXXIX

-Storyteller's P.O.V-

"You'll be alright?"

Colby asked with a concerned tone. Avery nodded. She was going to be fine as long as she will be left alone, but she knew that there was someone ready to interfere with her plans.

"I want to see you, real you."

At that moment Avery wanted to scream for help, Devan's hands were pressed against the shelf from both of her sides, it was quite a dangerous situation.

"Devan, you're insane."

She said out loud what she really thought, but at the same time, she was not sure if he just didn't make her the crazy one.

"I'm insane? No."

He disagreed and shook his head in disbelief that she just actually said that.

"Get away from me!"

She tried to punch him, but he grabbed her wrist and made her stop. Avery started to feel weak, this wasn't going good, at all. Her eyes teared up, but she sucked it up at instant. She would have never showed him how sad she felt because of him.

"I want to see real you."

He repeated like she didn't hear the first time.

"When open your eyes."

Avery was fed up with the way Devan acted towards her. The scars that formed through many years hadn't healed so fast. He made her play a game along with him, intrigued her. And she didn't like how quickly she gave in.

"I will come tonight. To see you."

He whispered. It sounded very scary and Avery felt how chills went down her spine. It was her childhood's best friend standing here, talking with her, but she feared him. That's what time did to them.

"Avery?"

Colby waved in front of her eyes and she gasped realizing that she stood there frozen with her eyes looking at nothing.

"Huh?"

"Are you sure it's okay for me to leave?"

She nodded again. He needed a night out, sitting here locked up with his little sister won't help nobody. She didn't have what to fear, even if Devan came he won't be able to take the doors down or something, because she wasn't going to open them up.

"Where did you say you were going?"

Avery asked one last time and Colby protectively smiled.

"You little joker, don't even hear me." He sighted. "I will hang out with GOT7 guys."

He reminded her and she shook as she heard the name of the club. Why her own brother was going to hang out with them? But on the other hand, Devan should be with the rest of the group when maybe he won't be able to come here.

"Have fun."

She squeezed salty smile and closed the door. Avery slid down to the floor with her back leaning on the wall and closed her eyes, when suddenly someone knocked. She jumped out of surprise and looked at the plane wooden door. Someone knocked again. She heard it clear.

Avery looked around, the clock was obviously showing that it was ten pm. and last time she checked it was about eight in the evening. Did she fell asleep or something? The mysterious knock was followed by the door bell ringing.

"Avery?"

-Avery McCoy's P.O.V-

"Avery?"

Man's voice asked. It was hard to recognize Devan on the other side of the door. So I just walked away in to the kitchen ignoring the nonstop knocking. He probably attempted to make open the door by annoying the crap out of me.

"Devan... why are you doing this to me?"

I whispered to myself and suddenly jumped again as someone knocked on the kitchen window. I thought I was going to throw up when my eyes met two sparkly black-holes. Devan was standing right behind the window.

"Avery McCoy, I can see you."

He stated like from some horror movie. It was obvious what he saw me just as well as I saw him. I ran to the window and closed the curtain, the glass of the window still had a small gap, because it was open to let some air in.

"GO AWAY!"

"Let me in."

He backfired calmly and I heard how he tapped the glass. I pushed the curtain a bit to the side and quickly peeked checking what he was doing. Our eyes met again and our faces were few inches apart if not the glass separating us.

"And why would I do that?"

I said opening the curtain fully. He obviously checked the view that opened in front of his eyes since the window was from the ceiling to the floor, so could be used as doors.

"Because you want to."

Was he blind and deaf? I tried to AVOID him, and he took it as a sign of attraction?

"Why are doing this? Please, stop."

I begged him instead of just commanding.

"Avery... it's all because..."

He walked closer to the window and put his palm over it, I could see him pressing hand against the glass.

"Because?"

I said and took a deep breath.

"Because I like you. Avery, I love you."

He said quickly and just turned around. But he didn't walk away, he turned his back on me and looked up to the sky where millions of starts were shining. He couldn't see how my eyes teared up and I shook out of anger.

He dared to throw those words in to my face. I loved him, but my hate was bigger. I almost sobbed, but immediately stopped myself, I wasn't going to show him my feelings.

"I like how girly you are, with the dresses..." He continued on talking, unable to see what I was doing. His words wake the animal inside me and I was ready to do anything to get rid of everything he liked about me. So as he still talked I literally ripped of the dress I was wearing and threw it in the corner. "How wind plays with your long hair..." I didn't even think at the moment, I grabbed the pair of scissors from the counter top and just put my long lock in between the steel. At that moment Devan turned around. "What are you doing?!"

He yelled but it was too late to stop me. I was standing with my dress ripped off and my hair ready to be cut off.

"What I needed to do a long time ago."

And just squashed the scissors in my hands. Long locks of hair started falling down just like tears from my eyes, I couldn't control it anymore. Devan ran to the window and hit it with his fist.

"Avery stop!"

His face was all red and he kept on bumping the widow, but I just watched him coldly unable to stop me, while more and more hair fell down.

Hi!!!!!!! How is the story???? Please leave some comments with your thoughts!!!! Thanks, love ya ♥♥♥

TheBabelle