Chapter V

-Avery McCoy's P.O.V-

„What do you mean? "

She asked as if nothing has changed.

„Who are you and what have you done to Sherry? "

The girl in front of me chuckled and lightly slapped the back of my hand. Bright red hair, the earrings with skulls, the piercing on the eyebrow, bright red lipstick. This person wasn't Sherry I knew.

"Oh, you like my make-over?"

She ran her fingers through the red hair and sent me an air kiss.

"Sherry, excuse me, but who ran you over?"

It looked like she was running away from her theater squad or something. Her role would have been a doll for sure. Just not a Barbie doll, she looked like some creature made from china and with a face painted on.

All though her appearance quite scared me, I had to admit she looked better than she did before. She looked like a woman. She was rocking the look better than I could have ever expected. Maybe the girly curls, sweet cherry chapstick and dresses wasn't her style after all.

"You know, inspiration stroke..."

Before I was able to answer a waiter walked up to us. He was our age and I saw him glance at Sherry few times, I didn't scold him for that, I would have done that too.

"Do you ladies know what you want to order?"

He asked shyly and carefully, trying to stay polite the whole time. I smiled at him trying to make him feel a little bit more comfortable.

"We'll have two lattes."

I ordered our drink and guy nodded assuring that it will be ready right away.

"He's cute."

Sherry said following the guy with her eyes. I looked back at him too. He was a little bit taller than me, had black hair with a single brightly colored highlight in front and few earrings. He looked fine, but wasn't much of the type I would go for, however now looking at Sherry I could see them fitting in the same group perfectly.

"I guess he is."

I agreed, I had no other choice. If I have said it other way Sherry would have made me admit that he's cute anyways.

"Anything you want to say?"

Sherry looked at me like a puppy begging for treats, I could never resist her asking me to compliment her like that.

"Will you tell me what happened or will I have to...?"

I had no idea what would I have done if she didn't tell me, but I liked threatening her.

"Or you'll do what?"

She knew me too well to see that I was bluffing.

"Your order."

The waiter from before came back to us and put down to nicely looking cups filled with the finest latte. He flashed the smile towards me and I couldn't help, but blush. Sherry was right he really did seem cute.

"Dorian! My man!"

Someone yelled walking in the coffee shop and three of us, I, Sherry and the waiter turned around to see what was going on. A guy with brown hair, which he was shoving under the cap with some sports team's name on it walked up to the waiter serving us and gave him a high five.

We were witnessing the greeting, since both of the guys we standing right next to us. The one that just walked through the door looked down to the table that we were sitting by and his eyes widened.

He started at me for few moments, but I could clearly see him peeking at Sherry.

"Hello there."

He said and dropped himself on the free chair by our table. Sherry chuckled and I gave her a warning look. The guy seemed familiar.

"I'm sorry do I know you?"

I asked him as the waiter, who apparently knew the guy, awkwardly stood behind him, he was just as confused by his friend actions as we were.

"Tyrell Cortez, honored to meet you."

He leaned in and instead of offering me to shake his hand he just took my palm and kissed the back of the hand with no warning. I glanced at Sherry and at the waiter searching for help. No one was up to help me, I had to deal with the guy myself.

"Tyrell, that's not very polite-"

"Give me one black coffee, no sugar."

He commanded to his friend like he wouldn't have shared a 'bro moment' just second ago.

"Whoa, we got a badass over here."

Sherry made a comment, which caused Tyrell look at her. He kept the eye contact for couple of seconds before turning back to me. But it was quite obvious that he was still glaring at my friend.

"So I didn't hear your pretty name?"

He asked me in the calmest tone possible. He should have been happy I didn't throw my latte in to his face, because I really wanted to drink it. I could see right through him. A player.

"Are you sure you want to be talking to me? You seem to be way more interested in my friend over there."

I pointed at Sherry ignoring his question and she slightly waved at him killing me with her stares. Tyrell's eyes widened after my words and he actually looked back at Sherry, it seemed like he didn't want to take his eyes off of her. Wait, did he seriously just listened to me?

"Yeah, I'm sure."

He finally replied with his eyes still on my best friend. I have to hold back my laughter, he couldn't make it any more obvious.

"Her name is Sherry."

I said instead of introducing myself and just got up from the table. I grabbed my cup with coffee in it and some small piece of paper flew from under it.

"I got it!"

Tyrell reached for the paper note, but I stepped on it before he touched it and almost crashed his fingers under my foot.

"What's this?" I scolded him. "The note is for me."

I reminded him, even if I wasn't sure that it actually was for me. I leaned in and took it from the ground.

"What does it say?"

Sherry was bouncing in her seat, she couldn't control her curiosity and I caught a glimpse of half smile Tyrell flashed towards her. And he expected to believe me that he's interested in me and not in her?

"Let's keep it a secret." I said as my cheeks turned bright red almost as Sherry's new hair color. "Maybe for later." I added scanning Tyrell, he was intrigued. Good, I can be a player too.

Hey, it's me again, please leave a comment with your opinion about the story and don't forget to vote if you like it!!!Love ya♥♥♥

theBabelle