Chapter II

-Daven Alvarez P.O.V-

"GOT7 is secretly a book club."

I whispered the first thing that came to my mind. Of course it wasn't true and could have sounded stupid at first, but the longer I thought about it I might have fooled her. Avery was frozen for a second I was expecting her either to laugh in to my face or throw me out. And if she wouldn't have done the second, I had no doubt Colby would have done it with pleasure. Somehow his glares towards me didn't seem friendly at all.

"I think you need some medicine."

Avery didn't seem to be convinced, but I wasn't about to give up. I am going to win this bet at any cost. And to do that I needed to get closer to her. And what better way to do it than join her on the daily basis?

"I'm not joking. GOT7 stands for Good Old Tales 7, since there's seven members."

I came up with a name right on the spot. But it didn't sound half bad. She shook her head and backed up. Just moments ago we were so close I could have kissed her if I wanted to, but I felt no temptation. I liked her in the past. Now, she was my ticket to win the bet.

"Can I come in?"

A familiar voice asked and knocked on the door. I wanted to go and slam the doors in front of him. It was library, of course he could have just came in, but no he had to drag the attention to himself. It was Caiden, he looked around and smiled as he saw Avery behind a desk. Pile of books were hiding me from him.

Caiden took the few steps forwards Avery and when I stepped out from the shadow. My friend immediately stopped and scanned me with a cold look. Competition, I couldn't see anything else, but the competition and it was my best friend standing in front of me.

"Caiden?"

Colby came from the end of the room, he was carrying quite a few books in his hands, but as he saw his friend, he threw them on to Avery's desk, which caused her to gasp and pierce her brother with a look that just screamed 'I'm going to kill you if you do this one more time'. Unfortunately I was the only one to notice the rage in her eyes.

"Colby! I haven't seen you in...." Caiden thought about it for a second and smiled. "Years."

"Well not exactly."

Colby laughed at poor Caiden's math skills. They bumped their fists and hugged. I could clearly see how confused Avery looked because of her brother's actions.

"Did I miss something?"

She finally asked glaring at three of us in front of her. Colby and Caiden exchanged glances and shook their heads.

"What do you mean?"

I asked hesitating for a moment.

"Is today some sort of national bonding day, or is it just library's magic?"

Before I was able to answer to my childhood's friend, Caiden did it quicker. He ran in front of me and kind of pushed me back, I had to take a few stops if I didn't want to fall down.

Anger stroke me and I squinted my eyes. He was going way over line. I know he wanted to win this bet, we all did, but I was sure no one will be brave enough to stand against me, their leader. Guess I was wrong, because Caiden just proved with his actions, that he has his head in this game one hundred percent.

"I think it might be library's magic."

He replied to her and smiled charmingly. I looked at Colby, but it didn't seem like he wanted to rip Caiden off the table he was leaning on. I bit my lip, maybe he only felt as protective towards his little sister when I was around?

"Really?"

Little flames lighted up in Avery's eyes as she heard that. Books, I knew that from many years ago that it was one of the biggest passions she had. I knew that for so long, I knew almost as much as her brother, those years spent apart meant nothing to me. Now, they were gone. We were talking again. But Caiden had to show up.

"Yes, I think books has some magical touch, don't you?"

He was so openly and obviously flirting with her that even I wanted to drag him from the desk and punch him in the face, but Colby just grinned looking at his friend with no negative feeling towards him. I sighted, I guess I will have more obstacles to overcome than my best friend.

Colby was a big part of Avery's life. If you do simple math you could see, that wanting to be with this girl took a lot of effort, since firstly she would ask her brother's opinion. And of course, there was always a possibility that Colby would beat a crap out of you if you mess with his sister.

"I couldn't agree more!"

I started wondering if I didn't know her so well, would I notice how much she liked talking with the guy? I wanted to know if it really was as obvious that she enjoyed the conversation or was it just me.

"I see you guys have something in common already."

Colby laughed from behind and Caiden turned to him with a grin, Avery looked up too and nodded. I somehow just stood there in the background.

"Avery, I want you to meet my friend-"

Caiden didn't let Colby finished and instead just reached his hands forward offering Avery to shake it.

"Caiden Thornton."

Avery took it with the biggest smile and I felt how something pierced my heart. I couldn't remember the last time she smiled like that to me.

"Avery McCoy."

"It is pleasure meeting you."

Caiden leaned closer and kissed the back of her hand. I was all shaking from that moment. I wished to drag him out and make him pay for a little show he put on in front of my eyes.

"What brings you here?"

She finally started acting with him like with a costumer and not a potential lover, which was making me almost throw up.

"I was looking for some books." Caiden looked around pretending to search for something. "Maybe you could help me?"

"Hey, I can help you bro, I know everything here as well as she does."

Colby interfered and I almost laughed in to Caiden's face.

"Yeah, Colby will help you find what you're looking for, let me just get your card." Avery dispread under the table for few minutes and after that a box filled with cards were pulled onto the desk. She took out one of them and flipped to the back side where the name of the owner was written. "Here we go, Caiden Thornton right?"

"Yes, that's me."

Caiden answered holding on to the last chance to talk to Avery.

"Wait..."

Avery said as she opened his card, where basic information about the students' were listed.

"Your club is...?"

"GOT7"

Caiden proudly stated. My heart skipped for a moment. She could easily accuse me for lying about GOT7 being a book club or whatever I said to her earlier. Of course I didn't care what she will think about me if not the bet encouraging me to work even harder to get the girl.

"GOT7, the book club?"

She glanced at me with a smirk. At that moment I knew, I'm screwed.

Hey guys, I hope you're enjoying the story. If you do please vote and way more importantly leave comments!!!!! Every opinion is appreciated!!!!! Silent readers kill the author! Thanks for your time Love ya!♥♥♥

theBabelle ^-^