Chapter XXX

-Dorian Klein's P.O.V-

Avery seemed to be frozen after hearing my words. I casually came back to watching football. It wasn't exactly the night I imagined, we could have spent way more time just together, two of us as for my liking, but I couldn't complain the game was very good and intense, I had Avery right by my side, and besides, I told her what I came here for, so night went great.

Colby jumped out his seat after the team we were cheering for suddenly scored a goal, I jumped out too and we ran in to one another bumping our chest. I rubbed after as it hurt and Colby did that too laughing. I turned to see if Avery was just as thrilled, but her face had no expression and she just grinned with the fake happiness as Colby asked if that score wasn't fantastic.

The doorbell ringed and we all turned to the hallway where it came from. Avery and Colby exchanged glances, it looked like they didn't expect any visitors.

"I'll go check, who it is."

Avery sighted and got up, Colby followed his sister with concerned stare, but didn't chase after her, she would have probably sent him back if he did so. No one liked being controlled over, especially little sisters, or so I heard.

We sat back down, when suddenly the commercials started we both sighted at the same time and started laughing as we both thought of the same thing.

"Hey, Dorian, I'm glad to see after all this time, but why did you came?"

Colby asked me trying not offend myself, but he wouldn't have possible offended me. Not today, I had a good feeling that this will be just awesome evening, it was going good so far, Avery didn't look like she was horrified by my sudden confession and Colby wasn't about to kill for talking with is sister. See what I mean. It was a good day.

"Actually Avery invited me over."

Okay, maybe it was a lie, but not like a really bad one, besides it was some kind of truth, if she didn't agree that I would come over it wouldn't be an invitation, but now she wanted to meet up, so I was allowed to say that.

"Avery invited you?"

He winked at me and I laughed at his reaction.

"She did. Hey don't kill me please, I promise I'll be good to her."

His expression changed to a very serious one.

"Dorian, it's okay if my sister likes you, I won't try to argue with her choice, and man, you are my friend, I'm happy if she has such a good taste, but..."

I was tensing up, I almost felt were this conversation was going. Colby was looking straight at me and he was very serious.

"But?"

It was probably not very smart to ask him that. But I did, just in case.

"But if you break her heart, I'll find you and make you pay."

He stated and nodded putting hand on to my shoulder and patting me few rimes. He was a really good older brother that any girl could have wished and asked for, but if you are guy, who is interested in this brother's little sister, you better watch out.

"Don't worry, I'll do everything that is in my hands."

I had no idea how am I going to keep that promise, especially because of the bet. I felt no temptation actually, Avery was like a sister to me, but oh well, if Devan chose her as our target I couldn't argue. I f it was my will I would have never told her I like her, would wish to have a fried like her, I didn't want to ruin two friend ships at once.

One with Avery and one with Colby. But the fate was playing against me.

"Friend or no friend, I put family first."

He didn't need to remind me that. I knew it from long time ago.

-Avery McCoy's P.O.V-

"I'm sleeping at yours tonight."

Sherry spilled din to my face without hesitation and just walked in right after I opened the door. She looked around like it was her first time visiting. I looked around too, but nothing has changed since the last time she came over.

"Why?"

I asked her already leading our way upstairs, of course I wasn't going to refuse my best friend's wish, but I at least wanted to know what was behind her sudden showing up.

"What's that?"

Sherry questioned me instead of answering my question, she seemed to completely ignore the fact that I was curious too. She just turned away from the stairs and walked din the living room where she was greeted by one confused man staring at her.

Colby was sitting down on the couch alone. He had a drink in one of his hand and TV remote in the other, he looked back as Sherry walked in and was about to get back to what was he doing, which in this case was watching the game on TV, but he recognized Sherry and almost choke on his drink.

"Sherry what are you doing here?"

She smiled at him and giggled as he was trying to wash off the stain water left after he accidentally spilled on himself while staring at her.

"Good evening to you too Colby."

She sarcastically pointed out that he didn't say hello to her. He nodded and grinned apologizing.

"Where's Dorian?"

I asked looking for him in the room, but my new friend was nowhere to be seen. Colby mysteriously smiled at me and winked as he heard my words and I just frowned. What got in to him?

"Miss him already?"

He asked teasingly.

"Miss who already?"

Sherry joined our conversation with an obvious curiosity.

"Dorian."

I and Colby answered at the same time. We exchanged glances and he snorted. I didn't see what's so funny.

"The coffee guy?"

Sherry raised her eyebrows and I nodded.

"So where is he?"

I pointed out that Colby still haven's answered my question.

"He had to leave. Someone called and told him to come immediately, I guess it must have been super important if he left in the middle of the game."

Colby shrugged his shoulders and looked at TV again. The opposite team suddenly scored the goal and my big brother turned in to a cursing machine. I rolled my eyes at his back and was about to walk out, but something stopped me.

"Colby?"

"Huh?"

Sherry looked at us both and sighted, when decided to climb up the stairs by herself, since it looked like our conversation was going to last.

"How did Dorian leave?"

I carefully asked looking around once more, but no, I couldn't see him anywhere.

"What do you mean?"

Colby managed to look away from TV screen and now was staring at me, I bet my expression was quite horrified.

"I was at the door the whole time, I mean I let Sherry in, if Dorian left he must have walked past me, but..."

"But he didn't?"

Colby suddenly asked standing up, I nodded. The scream went off from upstairs and we both looked at one another, our eyes were huge. It was Sherry's voice.

How is the story? Please leave comments, thanks for reading! Love ya ♥♥♥

TheBabelle