Chapter XXI

-Avery McCoy's P.O.V-

Alec leaned in for another kiss. I don't know if either I would have punched him and ran away or gave up and went along, but I guess we will never know what would have happened as someone suddenly pulled him away from me.

"What are you doing?"

Caiden questioned Alec. He was standing all red from the anger he was trying to manage, all though, it didn't work out for him very well.

"What are YOU doing?"

I asked him the same question as he slowly dragged confused Alec away.

"Avery, what are you talking about?" I couldn't understand if whether he was mad at me or just outrageous in general. "He was about to-"

"About to kiss me?" I raised my eyebrows. "Yeah, I know. Wouldn't have been the first time."

I could swear, but I heard someone gasp. It was neither one of the boys. Caiden was too shocked to move at all, and Alec just kind of stood there waiting for Caiden to let go of his collar. But I seriously did hear the gasp.

"Get lost."

Alec giggled in to Caiden's face. I grabbed Alec's hand, and I had no idea for what purpose I did that, since I could have just walked away and let them fight it out by themselves, but somehow I felt the need to keep them safe. And that meant keeping them away from one another.

"Got to go!"

I said running through the hallway in the library's direction. Alec didn't have much of the problem keeping up with me, he even seemed to be bored by the pace I kept.

"Hey, hold your horses!"

Alec told me as I was about to open library's door and pull him inside with me.

"What is it?"

I sked looking back if Caiden wasn't following us, however I couldn't see it.

"I am not going to step in THAT place."

I pointed at the door disgusted. I cringed as I might or might not just discovered that this guy was horrified by libraries. Or at least that's what I got from his tone, face and attitude. He looked like the Satan decoded to approach him.

"Okay, suit yourself." I let go of his hand and opened the door. "Oh and Alec, please keep yourself out of trouble."

I quickly spilled and closed the door in front of his face. There was no reasonable explanation why I said that sand why I rushed in to hear, besides that I was running late. I sighted looking at the door and let go of the knob.

But as I turned around I was unpleasantly surprised as I buried my face in to some guy's chest. I looked up and an unhappy face of my older brother greeted me with no smile at all. He was frowning at me.

"Hey... sis."

I walked around him trying not to give it all out immediately with an apologetic smile. I mean my cheeks were still burning from the kiss that Alec "gifted" me.

"Hi, I see, you've been working."

"Yeah, keeping this place busy while you're...out."

Colby sat down on the table and I hissed. He knew that I hated when he disrespected my desk, or more importantly used things for purpose that they were not mean for.

"Get up!"

I urged him, and he immediately stood up with his hands in the air, like I wasn't aware that he's about to ask where have I been.

"So... where have you been?"

Told you.

"Oh you know, I ate and then went to the nurse-:"

"Wait hold up. The nurse?"

Oh crap, me and my long tongue. Maybe I should have kept that information away from him, now he's going to swing in to one of his overprotective big brother moods.

"It's nothing really, I just have a fever or something."

I tried to make him forget about it as soon as possible or at least assume it was nothing to be bothered about.

"You don't seem to be burning up."

He put his hand on my forehead and I almost, almost, sighted. I couldn't even count how many times people did that to me today.

"Well the temperature went away, I think."

What the hell was I talking about? At least he seemed to forget about investigating my lunch break, he was too busy figuring my sudden illness out.

"You still look to be blushing."

He stated like I didn't know. Well, I didn't, because I had no mirror, but I knew I shouldn't be as pale as always.

"Are you okay? Or is it just post make out effect?"

Devan suddenly jumped in to our conversation without warning, I didn't even see when did he came up to us. His hand were empty, no books or their lists, if he works here why he is empty handed? I marked it on my to-do list as to ask him later about that, or make Colby do it for me.

But right now I had to deal with another problem. With my jaw, which dropped to the floor after Devan's words. That could only meant one thing. He saw me and Alec. Even I didn't understand what was I doing there and if we really kissed or was it just a dream slash nightmare. But his words confirmed my worries. Not only did I and Alec kissed, but Devan saw it.

"What did you just say?"

"Yeah, what the hell did you just say?"

Now both of McCoy's kids were drilling a hole in Devan's face with their stares. I, because I was worries about what he is going to tell and to who, Colby, because he was shocked to learn something about my lunch break, but I doubted if he believed Devan's words. Even if they were true.

"Nevermind then."

He sighted and turned around. I and Colby exchanged galnces, I took off chasing after Devan and reached him as he walked in between two shelves where he probably left his paper work.

"What did you see?"

I asked him with no intros.

"Nothing I would like to see again."

Did he just mentally slapped me? Because I felt that way.

"Don't worry, I won't SHOVE it in to your face, like I did just now."

I sarcastically commented, but as Devan looked up his eyes were bright red. I didn't believe that he was actually affected by this.

"At least he wasn't your first kiss."

That's right. He wasn't. Devan was. Our eyes met and it took me back. In to the past that I wanted to be present and not just in my memories.

Some informtion about Devan's and Avery's past!!!! The next chapter might feature even more!!!!Please leave any thoughts about the story in the comments, it's super important for the author!!! Love ya♥♥♥

TheBabelle