Week 1, Day 1 (Part 1)

Introduction
Hi! So I'm bored so I decided to write this. I hope you guys like it and are prepared for another story I stop writing after three chapters! So the chapters in this are gonna be shorter than other stories mainly because I'm lazy as fuck. And just in case you're wondering, here are the alliances at the start:
Ellie, Eleanor and Emma
Amy, Kriti and Amelia
Yash, Michael, Ricky, Timtam, TK and Max
John, Kate, Lily and Ruby
And I will post a map of the arena to the group chat just so you don't get confused.
P.S If you're not in my group of friends, then you probably won't really understand a lot of this, but feel free to read it anyway.
Anyways, let's get onto the story...

Week 1, Day 1 (Part 1)

"60, 59, 58, 57," The voice boomed across the field. John Fairley stood on a pedestal, his eyes trained on a backpack a few meters in front of him. He and 15 of his old friends stood in a circle, each one of them on a pedestal as well. They were now in a competition to the death, with only three rules:
If you try to escape the arena, you get killed.
If you try to band together and rise up against the gamemaster, you get killed.
And the last three, two or one standing can go on living their lives.

"32, 31, 30, 29," John began going numb. He searched the circle for Kate. He found her in between Ellie and Michael. They made eye contact and nodded, both aware of the plan. Before the games, the sixteen of them had split into alliances, and Kate, John, Lily and Ruby had formed one.

"20, 19, 18, 17," John decided to take a quick look around the arena. It seemed there was a bit of everything here. The cornucopia, a huge sliver building was in the center of the circle of teenagers, in the center of a huge field, surrounded by a number of different terrain. He could see in the distance a large tundra, a forest, a desert, another field and a jungle. He once again made eye contact with Kate and then eyed the forest. Wordlessly, they agreed that they would head to the forest.

"10, 9, 8, 7," The voice struck fear into all of the teenagers. John clenched his fists and prepared to sprint for a quick bit of supplies and sprint off.

"6, 5, 4," No turning back now.

"3, 2, 1, lets the games begin!" The voice boomed and with that, a storm of absolute chaos erupted. John dashed forward and grabbed the backpack quickly. He slung it over his shoulder and rapidly analyzed his surroundings. He saw Ellie, Emma and Eleanor, sprinting for their life towards the jungle, Eleanor and Emma with backpacks on their backs. He grimaced and ignored them; he was done with them.

He searched the crowd and found Lily. Without a second thought he bolted over to her, and Kate and Ruby soon joined them.

"Guys, let's go." John urged them to run away from the what he knew would be a bloodbath. For some reason John could not understand, the trio stood rooted in place.

"Nobody's gone for the cornucopia, let's try getting something more while we still can." Lily suggested. Together, they ran towards the cornucopia, and searched for the necessary supplies. John grabbed a bow and arrow and handed it to Kate, who also slung a backpack on her back. John then grabbed a sword and prepared to exit the area as Lily and Ruby grabbed backpacks as well.

"Let's get the fuck out of here! Why the fuck are we still here!" Ruby exclaimed, making her way out of the silver structure. Out of no where, a sword swung through the air and became lodged in the silver, just above Ruby's head. She looked up and was faced by Rikhil, who hastily removed his weapon from the wall and swung at Ruby, who jumped backwards and screamed.

Kate removed an arrow swiftly from her quiver and drew back on the drawstring. Just as Ricky lifted his sword to end Ruby's life, she released the drawstring and an arrow pierced the air, and Ricky's shoulder. With no time to spare, Kate dashed out, quickly followed by John, Lily and Ruby. They headed the tundra, the only area not blocked by possible hazards. They sprinted towards it, not once looking back, except for John. John turned his head for only a second, watching Amy battle with Yash, fighting for domination of the cornucopia. He felt bad for abandoning Amy, Amelia and Kriti, but he had to do what he had to do.

John, Kate, Lily and Ruby don't dare slow down until the cornucopia is out of sight, at which they begin to jog. At least they made it out alive.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the arena, Ellie, Eleanor and Emma were darting through trees, vines and rocks in the jungle, narrowly avoiding injuries left and right.

However, in the cornucopia, Amy, Amelia and Kriti had given up control of the cornucopia and fled towards the forest, leaving Timtam, TK, Max, Yash, Michael, Ricky to reap the rewards of the cornucopia, filled with weapons, food, water and other resources. If Yash hadn't fought Amy, he would've thought that they would win for sure.

John, Lily, Kate and Ruby finally come to halt and collapse to the snow covered ground. It was cold, but for now it was bearable.

"Is everyone okay?" John inquired, looking everyone up and down, searching for any injuries. Everyone seemed fine, so John rejoined the other three on the ground, panting and desperately gasping for breath. As they lay on the ground, contemplating where this game could possibly go, John's mind travelled back to the time before the games.

The sixteen teenagers had been chosen to be a part of a competition to the death, and beforehand, they had had a week of training, creating alliances, and planning their game out.

The first formed alliance was Ellie, Eleanor and Emma, decided that since there could only be three winners at the most, that they would band together and not let anyone into their alliance, to avoid tragedy if an alliance member died.

Next, Yash, Michael, Ricky, Max, TK and Timtam decided to stick together and whichever three survived, would win. May the best men win.

Amy, Amelia and Kriti took the same stance as Ellie, Eleanor and Emma, and decided to stick together and block everyone out, and Amy vowed to protect Amelia, whom she considered her own child.

Finally, John, Kate, Lily and Ruby had banded together, being the only ones left, thinking whoever died first would just have to deal with it, and let the others win.

It was so surreal before it started. But now it was happening, and it felt too real to John. Let the games begin.