Chapter Twenty-Six - Detective Anya

The Doctor's POV

I had investigated all of the rooms and asked the staff questions but nothing. Apsolutely nothing. I made my way back to the ballroom to see if Anya had found anything but I couldn't see her anywhere. Why does everyone wonder off? Someone shouted, "I've found the murderer! She's in here." Everyone was rushing to get into a room on the other side. I pushed through by persuading people I was a detective to get to the front. I got past the last person and there was Anya on the floor with a knife in her hand. "She told me to come in here to talk but I was able to defend myself when she tried to stab me." I recognised that voice. It was that man that had asked Anya to dance.
"She's not the murderer. You're framing her." I said.

"I would not frame her! I thought she was a lovely lady but it seems that your friend is a killer. Send for the guards someone."

Anya's POV

I woke up feeling a little dizzy and people were talking all around me. "Send for the guards someone." Charles ordered. I opened my eyes and most of the guests were standing outside of the room looking at me weirdly. And surprise, surprise the Doctor was in front of that crowd then was next to me helping me up. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I answered still feeling dizzy. "I remember, it was Charles. He knocked me out." Charles looked at me weirdly. "Says the one with the knife in their hand." He said. I looked in my hand and he was right about the knife. "You attacked me and killed the poor man earlier." 

Guards were pushing past the guests and came to get me. Two grabbed one of my arms each but I got out of their grip and started to prove a point. "Wait a second. When the murder happened I was with the Doctor. I left Charles after dancing and I never saw him until now. Even the Doctor can tell you that I had joined him when the murder happened."
"Yes she was. Plus, you have no proof that she did it."

"Charles admitted to me that he was the murderer but none of you believe him. Well, if he was the last person to see me then who says that he didn't put the knife in my hand." Charles laughed nervously. "W-where are you getting this from?"
"Another thing. You also admitted to me that you were a criminal and a murderer but no one has noticed because this is a masqurade ball, the perfect place to hide and kill. But, I bet you will recognise him when I do this." I pulled the mask off to reveal his face. The guests started gasping and moving backwards. They obviously recognised him and so did the guards. They quickly grabbed him and took him out of the room. Everyone was moved back into the ballroom to continue with the night. "Well done Detective Anya." The Doctor congratulationed. "I owe you a dance."
"Yeah but maybe not now. I've had enough with the murder mystery. I need to sleep for a while."

Me and the Doctor walked back to the TARDIS and I was able to change into my pajamas. I went to the console room to say goodnight to the Doctor and he was smiling and humming some of the tunes that were played at the ball. He was happy which made me happy. He wasn't being as depressed as I thought he would. "Goodnight Doctor." I said smiling.

"Goodnight Anya. And thank you."

"No problem."