Chapter Five - We're the same?

No more crying from my younger brother. I had chosen to put him into an orphanage on Earth so he could have a better life than he would with me. I had made my next decision as well.

---------------------------------------------------

I woke up in the same position I was when I fell asleep. My back and my neck both really ached. I stood up and stretched. The time on the clock in my living room said 11 o'clock. I wasn't expecting to wake up so late. Luckily, I didn't have work that day so I could lay about and sleep as I pleased.

I changed into some black jeans, a black jumper and some black converse and sat on the sofa watching the TV for a while and wrote in my dream journal. What were the dreams leading to? They confused me so much sometimes. I was about to try and fall asleep being the lazy human that I was when a wheezing sound came from behind me. A blue box had appeared and the Doctor stepped out. He turned around in a circle then faced me who was still sitting on the sofa amazed. "Hello again. Sorry about this. She got a signal and it came here." He said smiling. I had a range of questions to ask him but I thought of one important one. "She?" I asked.

"Yes, she!" I had to hold my laugh in but I just pulled a weird smile. "Right, lets find this signal." I followed the Doctor who was pointing his stick around and ran into my room.

"Do you mind?" I asked as the Doctor opened my wardrobe threw my clothes behind him as he searched through it. He started scanning the room again with his metal stick. "What is that?" I pointed at his metal stick. "A sonic screwdriver." He answered.

"Can you put up a new shelf for me?"

"Don't diss the sonic! Why does everyone diss my sonic screwdriver." I laughed and the Doctor pulled annoyed face.

He had given up looking after he had pulled out every single thing in my drawers and wardrobe and we had walked to the living room again. "Well, I've got to go." The Doctor said. I looked the box up and down. "What exactly is this?" I questioned.

"This is the TARDIS. It stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space. It can travel through space and time. Any time, any place. Want to have a look inside?" I gladly accepted and walked into the TARDIS. I stopped in my tracks and looked around. "It's bigger on the inside." The Doctor walked in and chucked quietly. It was like he heard that everyday. The walls were a yellow-ish colour and in the middle of the room were stairs leading up to a glass platform with a control panel in the middle of it. Corridors lead off from the room in different places of the room. "Chloe, are you okay?" He asked. I came back down to Earth and looked at the Doctor. "Yeah. Just amazed."

"No, you look upset."

"Why do you think? My boyfriend was dragged off to prison for nothing and I'm lonely to be honest."

"You know, we're kind of the same. I'm lonely, you're lonely. We both need somebody to talk to."

"The same?" I paused and had a think. "True. Carry on."

"How about you travel with me for a while? It gives us both company." Travelling in time and space, a once in a life time opportunity, I thought. "Okay then!"

I ran up to the glass platform to the Doctor. "All of time and space. Where do you want to go?" He asked. "I don't know. Anywhere amaz-" I was cut off when the TARDIS made us fall to the left side of the platform. It was moving. "That's not meant to happen! We're being controlled." I was holding onto part of the railing that was spread around the outside of the platform. The Doctor was holding onto a screen above the control panel but then fell backwards onto a leather seat. I was however thrown to the other side of the platform. I was on the floor but held onto the railing while trying to sit up.

The TARDIS finally landed and I let go of the railing. My palms were pale from where I was clutching hard onto the railing. I stood up and joined the Doctor in front of the screen. "Where are we?" I asked.

"I don't know." He answered bashing the side of the screen as it kept turning off. "Whoever controlled us has damaged the TARDIS badly. She should fix herself soon." I still stood behind the Doctor as he bashed the side of the screen again. "Well, go on then. Have a look." I ran down the stairs to the doors and opened one of them "Trees. Just trees." I was disappointed. The Doctor had joined me and looked as disappointed as I was. "Lets have a look and see what's around, eh."