♫ Chapter Eight: Observations, Special Events, & Upcoming Birthdays... ♫

♫ Chapter Eight: Observations, Special Events, & Upcoming Birthdays… ♫        

Date: April 10th, 2012.

Location: S.S.A; second level; 2-C; the tea club

Time: 11:00 AM

         Masato Hijirikawa and Masumi Li were seated on their knees, across from each other. The lovely scent of matcha tea hung in the air, which came from a ceremonial tea bowl that Masato had prepared earlier. Masumi took a sip of the matcha tea after he had turned the bowl around a few times in his hand. A warm sensation instantly filled his stomach. Masumi placed the bowl in front of him, then gave a polite bow, giving thanks for the tea. Masato bowed back before taking the ceremonial tea bowl.

“Masato, aside from the fact that you saved the enchanting SIREN. Since everyone has been talking about the whole incident since yesterday evening,” Masumi raised an eyebrow in question, “You like her, right?”

“W-what…”

         Masato was shocked to hear such words coming from EKSTASIS’S Mercury. Stuttering like a bumbling fool. Masato lost track of what he was about to say. Masumi laughed running a hand through a strand of his long dark purple hair, which hung loosely by the side of his face. He had tied back the other strands of his hair into a ponytail using his usual indigo colored elastic hair band. Masato noticed that Masumi’s light purple eyes sparkled when he laughed. Oh. Boy. The ‘kid’ in EKSTASIS was poking fun at the pianist in STARISH. Masumi wiped a tear from the corner of his eye from the amount of laughter he had. It was priceless to see Masato loose that poker-faced expression. Masumi placed a blue jelly confection onto his dessert plate.

“Don’t worry, man…I’m not going to interrogate you about you’re past. I maybe the kid in the group, but I’m not the only member who can be really observant to those around, from where I stand,” Masumi sliced the blue jelly confection into three slices using a small decorative knife, “But from what I’ve heard and seen about you so far, you’re the type who chooses to stand by on the sidelines. Even when it comes down to the enchanting SIREN.”

“Masumi, if it’s advice that…”

“Man, I’m not finished…listen, Asami may be a very surprising kind of gal to the rest of us, since she’s changed a lot from the last time you’ve seen her. Asami and you are the complete opposite of each other. Even with Yuudai in the picture, he can be very intimidating if you cross the line. For now all I can say is that…I’ll be rooting for you,” Masumi smiled, “The enchantress needs a man like you to support her through thick and thin.”

         After Masumi finished his speech, he left the room. For the very first time in his life Masato didn’t know what to say. The blue jelly confection was still left on the plate uneaten. Masato sighed eyeing the sweet red cherry that was on the plate next to the jelly confection.

~ Hush, hush, hush~

Listen, my advice is easy to follow.

Sit back, relax, and shut away the noise.

I’ll help you with you’re problems.

All you have to do is listen…

~         EKSTASIS         ~         EKSTASIS         ~         EKSTASIS         ~         EKSTASIS         ~