e l e v e n

picture: a really pretty sunrise like the one Draco was looking at:)

song of the day: over my head- the fray

Draco

I tossed and turned through the night, flashes of images dashing through my head; the burning Dark Mark on my skin, Voldemort's face, my father yelling at me, my aunt Bellatrix yelling at me, the Vanishing Cabinet, Professor Dumbledore getting hit by a jet of green light, and Elizabeth. Elizabeth smiling at me and beckoning me closer, with her hair a little messy, and a couple buttons of her white school dress shirt undone...

I opened my eyes and sat bolt upright in bed now, breathing heavily. I looked around in the darkness, I ran my hands down my face, replaying the images that I just dreamed about in my head. I heard Crabbe and Goyle snoring loudly, and I got out of bed, quietly opened the door, and tiptoed down the stairs and padded into the common room.

The fire was still blazing, giving the whole room a comforting orange glow. The fires in the common room were magic, they burned all night and never went out.

I sat down on one of the long couches and picked at the skin around my fingers.

I was too far in over my head...with everything. I was already feeling tons of pressure about trying to fix the Vanishing Cabinet, and keeping the fact that I was a Death Eater now and working for Voldemort under wraps...and now I was even more stressed out because I had to make sure I killed Dumbledore so Elizabeth wouldn't have to do it.... and I had to go and kiss Elizabeth because I couldn't control my feelings for her, which was really bloody stupid of me.

Just then, I heard someone walk into the common room. I turned my head and saw Elizabeth, a blanket wrapped around her and her hair in a braid.

"Oh-h-hi." I stammered. Even when she was dressed in pajamas and was dressed for bed, she still looked beautiful.

"I couldn't sleep." She said.

"Me either." I replied.

She came over and sat next to me on the couch. 

"Want some?" She asked me, pointing to the blanket she had on.

I nodded and she threw half the blanket over to me and I wrapped it around myself.

We both were silent for a moment.

"Look, um...I'm sorry about what I said the other day when we fought. How I said you were a coward and all." Elizabeth said suddenly.

I looked over at her. I'm surprised that she wasn't saying anything about me kissing her.

"It's alright. I sort of had it coming. I acted like..."

"A dick? Yeah, you kind of did." said Elizabeth in a joking tone.

We both laughed, then quieted once more.

"Elizabeth, we're going to be okay. We're going to get through this. Together." I said.

She nodded.

"I know, it's just...after Dumbledore is dead, something bad is going to happen. There's no doubt about it."

"Yeah, something will happen. But whatever takes place, I'll be right by your side. I'll make sure that nobody hurts you. You're going to be safe with me, Elizabeth."