e i g h t

picture: A GIF OF MY BBY OMGSASDFSF HES SO ADORABLE IM OUT AWWWWW DRACO

song of the day: a day to remember- if it means a lot to you (sullivan king remix)

Elizabeth

Today was January 10th. A week has passed.

In the days that had passed, Draco and I hadn't gotten very far on fixing the Vanishing Cabinet. That time with the butterbeer was just luck.

We tried over and over again, each of us taking turns saying the spell, and putting different objects inside. Sometimes we stayed until 1 or 2 in the morning and had to sneak past Mr Filch to get back to the Slytherin dorms.

I knew this was stressing out Draco as well. He had grown paler with each passing day and had formed dark gray circles under his eyes, probably from lack of sleep. He had also lost a little weight, most likely from not eating at dinner.

He had also become crabbier and nastier than ever...but it's nothing I wasn't used to.

Now it was after dinner and I was with Draco in the Room of Requirement working on the cabinet once again.

"Harmonia Necture Passus." Draco said quietly.

I sat on a broken loveseat next to the cabinet, watching him.

He opened the cabinet and I looked away, knowing the result was going to be another failure. And by Draco's frustrated sigh, I knew I was right.

He slammed the cabinet door shut and leaned against it, breathing heavily.

"Draco, are you okay?" I asked him.

"Fine." He snapped.

"Really? It doesn't seem like it." I said.

Draco glared at me now.

"And why would you think that?" asked Draco.

"I don't know you just seem...more on edge lately, I guess."

"Well, I'm not on edge, or whatever else you believe me to be." Draco said rudely.

I stood up from the loveseat and crossed my arms, staring at him.

"What is your problem, Draco?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. I don't understand why you're so rude. And you comfort me in the hallway, telling me it's going to be okay when your mother sent us that letter, then you go back to ignoring me? Then you totally break down in front of me on Christmas, then you're mean the next day? What did I ever do to you? Really? I don't get it."

Draco stepped away from the cabinet and didn't meet my eyes.

Growing angry that I wasn't getting an answer I walked towards him.

"You know, it's not fun pretending to hate you, Draco." At that, Draco looked up from the floor, his eyes wide.

"I don't hate you. I should. But I don't." I said.

I took a deep breath.

"I miss when we were kids. Taking baths together when we were really little, playing outside, you reading to me. I miss all of that." When I noticed what I was saying, I realized that it was all true.

"So just tell me why...why you became like this. I just want answers." I breathed out.

Draco stared at me for a long moment, his gray eyes piercing into my brown ones.

"Because I love you." He blurted out.

I gasped now, looking at him. I didn't know what to say, so I just fell silent.