A Bigger Fear Than Your Heart

Hi! It's me Ana again! How are you? I hope you like this new chapter. Feel free to let me know what you think and if you wish you can vote, comment and add my book :D Thank you so much for reading my story!

Ana Ribeiro

*************************************************************

The day seemed never come to an end. I really feel bugged for not knowing José's details about his self need for trying to hunt the criminal who are setting fire in the Gondar woods, alone and without calling me.

And what happened to his smartphone? It really pisses me off I can't contact him.

6:00p.m. If it was Winter time I would be outside since 5:30p.m., but for now I will need to wait until 9:00p.m. to do it. If I was not so close to the woods, I would go crazy.

And why is that, if I never got close to the woods before? Even when I was in Portugal in the Gondar village for hollidays? Here in the middle of granitic hills where the houses seems to follow the ups and downs of the the ancient green mountains. I specially like the old type of stone houses. Why is that, if I never cared about it before? I really don't know, but in contact with nature I feel some peace of mind.

It took me some weeks to actually learn to live my night life in the woods, amongst dirt, pine trees, spiky shells of chestnuts, bugs of all shapes, field spiders and mice, the last ones I mentioned are pretty cute though, I never thought, but they got scared all the time. Even small and big field snakes. I simply can't freak out just to see them making their night life like me. Weird at best. I'm not myself anymore I'm afraid.

Anyway, it is so peaceful and quiet, even with all the crickets orchestra. I don't know a lot of answers for my current state. I wish I could remember more about that night. But everything happened so fast and all I can see it's an almost complete blur.

I was just drunk at the time and someone low their eye level to mine. I was pitifully sitting in the ground with some filthy bottle of pure vodca in my right hand... people passing by, entering or leaving the pub, but I would not take with me more than a mock stare and muffled laughs from them. Fair enough for me though. My meltdowns only meant that. Sitting in the street pavement until the night go away to make room to the next day when I would sleep until afternoon.

That man looked at me like he knew me all along and gave his hand for me to take and get stand up right and I took it. What he said? I don't remember. I do remember he took my face in his hands and I look into his dark eyes. They seemed to be dark anyway. I was too drunk, I guess. Besides that, a complete blank in my mind fill my memories from that time. Then some sparkles of memory makes me remember of his voice. Deep and robotic voice that not even the vodca could wash away from the darkest corner of my mind. The voice who promised me I would finally feel everything and I would know finally my own tears.

He was big. I'm tall I guess, but he was much bigger. He was slim, pale face and long black hair. His shirt was plain black and his jeans black too. I couldn't take my eyes off of his own eyes, so actually I couldn't remember less the details of his face. But his voice is stucked in my head like a ghost. He actually was in some way.

I usually go to Lili's house everyday before I do my scouting trips to the woods, admiring its beauty in the shy light of the moon, the roof of my night house, where the trees are the pillars and the small fauna of the woods are the windows to the rest of the world. I sent her a message in the morning before go to bed, so she could find José and tell him I will wait for him in her house. I could never let none of them to visit me. Another thing I think I was compelled not to do. Why? Let's just say that it's another blank.