Epilogue

Ivo

(Ivo's Journal)

1 year later...

Ivo takes his journal trying to catch a glimpsy of hope, like the time could go back again... tears are running down his face even after one year from the strange but sad events.

He knew the pages too well. Every word, but not only that... the images, the sounds. He doesn't show off a lot but his incredible memory could surpass the limits of the acceptable. Like now... He would like to just forget the pain.

He goes to a certain page and at the rythm of his tears his eyes catch a passage from his journal that tells the story of  the events exactly one year ago:

"Things seem more calm now in Gondar. I've had a lot to explain to my mother after she knew I lied to her, but Diego got the most part of the blows. His mother was as furious as mine. The screams could be heard for all the village. Poor him.

My job in the warehouse was quite simple, I just saw Lili speaking on the phone furiously and to the man. I caught the word police and I told Diego and head up to the car at his sign as soon as possible.

Finally Lili and Diego are dating. But still fighting about the most tiny things. His old boss was caught with his gang when he tried to kidnapp Night one week after I've been in the warehouse. For what I could caught about Diego's talk with Lili (I've been sneaking inside their old car a lot more after that morning in the warehouse) Night had the intensions to cut the crap out of Cabrera already.

What an idiot. Like Night would let herself caught again... She is a fighter, the best fighter in the world. She was really prepared this time. Cops were everywhere around the old house where suposedly Night has been hidden all this time. All Cabrera's men were caught too. Soon the only thing Gondar will need to worrie about is to receive the girls back after they got out of the hospital. It took more time to make them face the world again. They were traumatized and physically hurt too, besides they didn't see the light of day for almost a year now.

The crazy scientist was killed and left in a alley in Amarante. The two guards left were found dead in the hospital. All  of us were too worried Night and their friends would be the next in the list, including the cops. I just can guess who would be the powerful guy they did mess with.

They tried to live their lives the best they could, but the fear was allways in there. Every single day."

That's when Night disappeared. José got mad and out of his mind. Without a letter, without a message, Night just gone. José couldn't believe and it was like a betrayal for him. She didn't get her things with her, but the fact that her crossbow and arrows weren't in her grandparents house they assumed she did gone away, forever or not, they don't know but it was hard... It's still hard, doesn't matter how much time passed already. 

Lili and Diego can't married just yet, because Lili still believes in Night's come back but also because Diego's past got him in the bum. Diego actually couldn't care less about the wedding as long as he could have Lili to himself only and forever. 

He did pay a lot for a lawyer because Cabrera, Diego's boss, opened his big mouth when he saw himself in trouble in the interrogation room, so Diego still has to respond for his crime in the kidnapping of 12 girls from Gondar. His mother almost died when she knew all about he was into. I don't know if she will ever forgive him, but she allways loved Lili and for her, she is making an effort to not hate his son, even though all the dirty money was almost for her treatments.

Artur came back to his old life and without the scientist and the guards, their boss would be much more difficult to catch now. The case will be closed soon Diego got his sentence, that's what Ivo's heard at least.

José didn't handle well what Night did and for the first six months since she went away, he couldn't talk to anybody. He quited his job and he almost didn't get out of his house for nothing. Ivo allways got his lunch and dinner. If it was not for that José would starve. He almost got insane. 

Than doctor Teresa came back and decided to help and now he is better, even though he has nobody else with him right now, since they answer negatively to the rumours that he and the doctor came back together. They actually seem too mysterious but at least he sees his friends now and got his job back and even though nobody knows what he and Teresa do all the nights in Lili's house everybody suspects that they know where she is, but they are protecting her from something or someone.

Ivo wants really much to believe that, even though José deny those rumours vehemently, sometimes Ivo thinks he denies it out of fear, but Ivo wants so much to believe that she will come back, that it is possible his wishes are getting the best of his judgement... Ivo just wants his hero back... that's all he asks.

------------------

I hope you liked this story so far and I will make a second part of this story. It will be called "Night Of Revenge" and I hope to see you there.

Thank you so much for everything.

Ana Ribeiro.