Reality sink in

Spencer's POV
I had arrange to meet Toby for a coffee today, just to maintain our friendship. Toby was bringing Haley. I knew it would be awkward with just me and Toby talking but it will be much worse with just me and both of them. I had no idea what to wear. I could go for sophisticated Spencer, but that's to predictable. I could go for casual Spencer, but then I felt to dressed down. Then I thought why don't i wear my new top, the backless low cut front, it wasn't to revealing. No, it was perfect.

Toby's POV
Me and Spencer was meeting up to talk about the last 5 years. I felt like I had to know her again, just something that made me want to know her. She was bringing  jack tonight. I hadn't had time much with Spencer since I got back. But seeing her with this guy would be awkward. I might cancel, I thought. Wait that's not fair just makes me look like a jerk.

Spencer's POV
I tried on several different pants to go with my top, nothing looked right. Why was it so important that i had to impress?
'I'm not going. I can't find any clothes' I shouted at the top of my lungs. It was pointless me shouting no one was in the house. Talking about that, I was staying with mum for a few weeks, until I had my own place. Mum had been different since dad left, I'd never spoken to anyone about it, why they split. Too much happened in my life.

Toby's POV
I had to at least put effort in to what I was wearing. I contemplated buying a new shirt but I didn't want to over do it. I looked in my draws and found my dads old shirt, I thought why not. I grabbed some jeans and tried it on. It perfectly suited for the evening ahead. Although it was a little bit on the tight side on my chest, my dad was a thin as a rake however I had been at the gym since a young age.  I was going to change it but then saw the time, I was running late. I'd didn't want Spencer to think I wasn't coming. I grabbed my aftershave, my deodorant, jelled my hair and grabbed my jacket and left.

Spencer's POV
I was sat on my bed, I literally didn't own enough clothes. I opened my top draw and saw my black skinny jeans, I decided to see what it looked like as an outfit. My blue top matched perfectly with my black jeans, I finally found an outfit. I looked at the time and noticed I was behind schedule. I fastened my wedged ankle boots, then ran over to the mirror did my makeup, sprayed my perfume, put on my necklace, grabbed my bag and left. 

Toby's POV
I walked in a Spencer was already sat there, she was by herself. I realised it would be awkward and turned to leave.
'Toby' Spencer called me over. I thought she hadn't seen me.
'Hey' I walked over and sat at the table.
'Where's' we both started.
I put my hand out for her to talk first.
'Where's Haley?' She smiled.
'She can't get off work. Jack?' I smiled
'Ditto.'
'I'll go get the coffee's, Americano two sugars?'
'Yes Thankyou' she'd remembered all this time.
I watched her walk over to the counter before letting out a sigh. She looked beautiful, it was a real same I couldn't tell her that. She looked back at me, I turned away. I looked back when she'd turned around. I knew Spencer would be getting a cappuccino two sugars. It's weird that you remember such little details about someone, yet you forget the important ones. I knew that deep down i made the mistake of letting her out of my life. I'd give up anything to have her back.

Spencer's POV
I couldn't believe that Haley hadn't come with Toby. He looked amazing, he's top was so tight you could see all of his chest. I shouldn't be noticing things like this but I can't help it. I stood at the counter waiting for the drinks. I looked back at Toby, what had I done? What had I given away?
'Miss your coffees' I snapped back to reality. I turned around.
'Sorry.'
'Very good looking date you have if I do say.'
'O, no he's not my date. Where not dating!'
'I'm sorry, you looked like you where'
I grabbed the drinks and walked back to the table. I sat just looking at my coffee not saying anything to Toby.

'So I'm a detective now' I looked up from my drink after sitting in silence for 5 minutes.
'That's great, was your course good?'
'Yes it was, but I... I wish I didn't go' he smiled at me, I knew what he meant.
'Ermm...so how long have you been with Haley?' I couldn't think of anything to ask him.
'About 2 years.'
'She's lucky.. I mean' I instantaneously drank from my drink. It burnt the roof of my mouth but I didn't react.
'What about you and jack?' He carried on.
'Just over a year'
'No he's the lucky one' he bite his lip.
All the things I wanted to say was screaming in my head.

Toby's POV
I regretted every decision id ever made, If I hadn't of moved to rosewood in the first place I'd never have known her, I'd never have to hold back the feelings I was hold back now. 

'So..' She was still looking at her drink. I saw her naivety. Her innocence. Her beauty. I shouldn't be feeling these for her but I was!
'Can you believe Yvonne still hasn't left' I laughed.

Spencer's POV
'Can you believe Yvonne still hasn't left' he laughed and put his hand on the table.
'I know right I' I laughed and put my hand on his. I paused for a moment then pulled my hand away from his. 'I honestly thought she'd have gone by now' I just carried on as though nothing had happened.

Toby's POV
When Spencer placed her hand on mine I wanted to grabbed it and keep hold off her.
'I'm going to get another coffee, want another?' She stood up, she was blushing. I realised what I was doing.
'No I better get off.' I saw the light in her eyes fade.
'Ok maybe one more.' She smiled and walked to the counter.

One hour turned to two
Two hours turn to three
And before i knew it I spent the night talking to her.