Chapter 2: king of assassins

Aelin doesn't know that I'm her sister- that I even exist. When I was born, our parents rushed me away to Adarlen as they thought I would be safer around mortals not Fae's. Aelin had magic and they were worried about her burning me up so I never even saw her. I don't really know why I'm looking for her, I don't know what she looks like, sounds like even acts like but I heard rumours saying that she was being trained by Arobynn- King of assassins.

I traveled to Arobynn and was infuriated when i found out Aelin had left. I was persistent on finding her but the king of assassins insisted that I learnt how to defend myself, and how to use weapons when necessary- after all, how would I survive in the woods at night with nothing to defend myself with? So I made a bargain, a years training with Arobynn and he told me how to find my sister, what she looked like and what her weaknesses were.

Right now I'm on my ninth month in training, this was a quest to retrieve a herb from the mountains. It was a fire resistance potion basically, if you ate it, no fire whether it was magic or gas flames, you would be immune to heat. This would very much come in handy when I faced Aelin, I wouldn't want her to burn me on sight.

When I arrived back, I sealed the herb in a small bottle and handed it to Arobynn. He grinned and then said "go to the training room, it's time you learnt how to fight with your left hand" I swallowed hard, Aelin was taught how to fight with her left hand by slamming her right hand in a door and breaking it. I really, desperately hoped that Arobynn had thought of a 'less traumatising' way to 'teach me how to attack with my left hand.'