Chapter 21:

Adarlan was beautiful. Full stop. It was amazing but the glass castle we needed to reach was so far away. It would take a day at the most to reach it. No point in wasting time then. Recovering from the beauty in Adarlan, Yrene and I set off to get to the castle.

Halfway there, we encountered an all too familiar face. Of course they old be out on a day like this, why would I have even thought for one moment that they wouldn't be walking around? Right? But obviously they weren't here for Adarlan, they were here for me. "Hello Arobynn." I said.

He looked at me, feigning the suprise on his face. "Alena!" He purred, "why are you out here in Adarlan?" He asked.
"You know very well" I snarled, "why have you been following me from the assassins keep?" I demanded, cutting to the chase. He narrowed

He looked at me, feigning the suprise on his face. "Alena!" He purred, "why are you out here in Adarlan?" He asked.
"You know very well" I snarled, "why have you been following me from the assassins keep?" I demanded, cutting to the chase. He narrowed his eyes, the disappointment clearly showing on his face. "Why, you always have to be s serious don't you? Well,  anyway, I can't let you of all people leave because of who and what you are!" He said, adding a scowl that deepened the creases on his forehead. I took a step back in astonishment. "Excuse me? What I am? Who I am? I am nothing but a simple person trying to find her sister, now get out of my way, or I'll get you out of my way!" I hissed. Arobynn simply laughed, and then looked at me, the cold gaze burning into my head. "Do not tell me what I can and can't do." He snarled back. I was so focused in getting Arobynn out the way, that I hadn't even noticed Yrene was still here, well was. I looked around but unfortunately we had conveniently walked into an alley, so no help would be coming my way. At least Yrene escaped, then my betrayal wouldn't look so bad, if only I didn't have t do this.....

As Arobynn and I faced off, the unexpected came, and neither of us knew what to do, well until I was introduced to my sister. I sized this girl up, she didn't look very old, long very pale blonde hair, fit, very pretty but had a scowl on her face, which was not pretty. Arobynn chuckled, "now it's a happy family! We have the infamous Celaena Sardothien, the not so famous Alena Sardothien." He paused to see the reaction that came out of Celaena. A breath hitched in my throat, I was not hoping to meet her like this, but nonetheless, she came towards me, with an unsettling calm look on her face. She was just a centimetre in front of me, before she drew a dagger, pressed it to my throat, drawing blood that seemed to fall in slow motion. Then she said, "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you now."