Chapter 26

Aelin's PoV

Aelin stared at the blood on her hand, feeling disoriented and dizzy. She was not a killer, but as she began to stare at the corpse in front of her, the realisation began to sink in. Aelin staggered backwards, hand over mouth, she hadn't even asked why that girl was trying to kill her. I'm a monster She thought, still feeling sick in the stomach. How had she let it come to this? She had completely lost control. She was always trying to to avenge both of her closest friends, but instead took out her anger on this poor young soul, who still had a life to live. Dropping to her knees, she prayed, prayed to whatever god was out there, that they would grant this girl peace, peace in the afterlife, or be reborn new. The only respect she could offer, was to bury her, right next to a special person's grave, Nehemiah's. To Aelin, this was her paying for the life, that can never be paid for. As she mourned, she pondered as to how the girl had known her name, and where she was from...Had she actually been fae?

Aelin who was still in disguise as Celaena, walked silently through the castle grounds. It had been only a few weeks since Nehemiah, her very best friend had been murdered. She was suffering a great deal, however, to think she had take it out on this poor girl... Aelin was horrified. She went as quickly as she could to her room and threw herself to the bed, with her face buried in the pillow. When she lifted her head, tears were drying on her cheeks. Wiping them gently, she gazed at her fingers, slightly startled at them. This girl she had just murdered, Aelin was crying for. Crying for her life. Crying for the life that will not be anymore. Just because her best friend had died, Aelin had decided to lash out on this girl, who was most likely trying to avenge one of her loved ones, that Aelin... no Celaena, had killed. And she had just done it again.

Hours passed as Aelin cried silent tears, at the monster she had become. What would Nehemiah think of her now? "This won't happen again" Aelin whispered to herself. She washed and dried her face, then checked the time. Her eyes widened as she realised that  it had been more than 5 hours. Aelin had also missed dinner. "Oh screw it. I wasn't hungry anyway." She murmured to no one in particular. Then she collapsed into bed, and dreamed nightmares through the whole night. Each one ending with that poor girl's look of horror on her face as the stake was driven through her head.

Hello!
This is will not be the last chapter, however, sorry for the last one. I know not all of you liked it, but I'm still building on the story:)
Hope you like this one- and sorry about not replying to comments on this and all my other books, I have been so busy lately and apologise if I don't get around to replying to yours anytime soon:( But I do try to read every single one and I always appreciate them all:)