Chapter 24:

Finally, after who knows how long, I became conscious. From what I could remember, I had dazed in and out of consciousness, from pain and sleep deprivation. Sleep clouded my vision and rubbed at my eyes, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway, because I was blind folded. And gagged. And bound to something, rope, that bonded my stomach, wrists, arms, knees and ankles- because apparently, I was some super ninja that had secret weapons up my sleeve. Well, sometimes I did, but at this very moment, I held nothing. A strangled Yelp escaped through the gag and out my mouth when I was viciously thrown into the air. I must be moving, or someone just moved me, and whatever I was strapped to. Muffled footsteps appeared to head my way and I cursed myself for making such a wild noise. They were light and bouncy, it had to be Celaena. The steps became louder, and I had to move away from them, away from her. I put all my weight forward, and attempted to jump away from the noise, but crashed into a steel wall. A female ahead of me chuckled, then suddenly, there was pain in my head, because Celaena Sardothien who was now standing right before my very eyes, had ripped the blind fold in two off of my head. The pain was about to begin.

As I adjusted to my surroundings, I discovered that I was in a dark, cold room, with no light for me to see the but a few feet ahead of me. Celaena paced back and forth in front of me, then stopped and turned to face me. "Let's play a game," she started with a wicked grin, "you give me answers, and I cut a knot from the many knots you are attached to at the moment, but just to be sure you don't do anything stupid, I need to make one minor adjustment." She stalked over to me with a rope in one hand, and gripped my hair in the other. Somehow, she managed to bend my head over to the wall without ripping it off in the process, and then strapped my head to a pole that just had to be sticking out the ground. With nothing to do, I sat there, my heart thumping with every breath I took. "Why are you here to take revenge on me?" She said while slicing my gag. I didn't say anything, but I spat at her,  she dodged and the bubbly spit landed on my lap instead. Eew. With a dark look, she pulled back her hand and slapped me across the face with surprising force. My head stayed in place thanks to that cursed piece of rope, and my cheek throbbed with pain from the blow. It stung so much, I felt blood in my mouth from me biting it to hold back tears. "Fine." She said coldly, "you want it this way? Each time you don't answer a question, I'll add another rope, and give you some more pain, more than the last, more each time." She grabbed another piece of rope-where was she getting it?- and tied another rope around my head. As my pain in my face subsided to a dull pain, she begun to ask me the same question, "why are you here to take revenge on me?" She repeated, impatience laced in her tone. My defiance overrode fear and I sat quiet with a glare plastered on my face. She chuckled lowly and whipped out a dagger from its sheath. She shuffled closer and brought it up to my face. She traced a line down my face gently from my eye to my mouth with her finger, then sliced the knife down in that exact path, the gentleness out of the question. I yelped in surprise and pain as she dragged it down the wound again, and again, and until I lost count because the pain became unbearable. Black dots clouded my vision, until Celaena punched me to get me to focus again. "Well aren't we going to have some fun?" She whispered lethally.