Chapter 22:

Every thing seemed to stop mid air when she told me that. The dagger pressed harder, drawing more blood. "Because," I croaked, "I'm your sister, and..." I choked, because she pressed so hard on my skin that Celaena was almost crushing my windpipe. She leant right up into my ear, and hissed, "You are not my sister. I don't have one, and never will, I think I would know if I did. Now, I am about to kill you, any last words?" She lightened her hold on the dagger as if expecting me to lie, but I croaked out, "Queen.... Terrasen.....magic!" Her eyes bulged out at those words, grabbing my wrist, she said, "You're coming with me now. And you," she said while facing Arobynn, "Are going to stop trying to kill me- it's not working." With that, she gazed at me with cold eyes and pulled me along at a quick pace. I had trouble regaining my footing every time I tripped over her feet - or mine for that matter- and she would scowl impatiently each time. We turned down lots of streets before stopping at the door to what looked like an old warehouse, that hadn't been use for thousands of years. My sister turns to look at me, her face was grim, but she put on a sarcastic smile and said, "Good night." I don't know what happened after that, because she knocked me out cold with the flat of her dagger.

When I awoke, I seemed to be in the old warehouse, tied to a chair but thankfully, I was permitted to speak without a gag being taken out of my mouth. Through dazed and squinted eyes, I viewed my surroundings, a dim light that vibrantly glowed up my surroundings, but dulled when it reached the far side of the room. There were several crates piled up on each other and turned-up tables and chairs, some without legs. There was no sight of my sister. Well that was until she walked into view.

Celaena Sardothien, the world's deadliest assassin, and possibly the deadliest one ever to live, stalked over to me with a flat look on her face. I tried not to gulp with fear. I hadn't felt real fear before, because usually I could beat the person and kill them, but not with Adarlan's Assassin. Nobody could beat her apart from Arobynn. Well that was still stretching it. She looked at me, as if debating whether I was worthy enough to talk to, and in the end she decided it was. "Why do you think you're my sister?" She asked plainly.
"I am your sister, why can't you see that? Same hair, same face, same surname, what is different about us? I asked in bewilderment.
"You know nothing. Nothing," She hissed back "Sardothien is not my last name. You wouldn't know me even if I told you my occupation, hobbies, interests, name and nickname. You wouldn't know me if you read a book about me. So stop pretending you do, and I can easily fix that." She said all of that in a breath, then walked towards me, a long dagger in hand.

With no idea what to do, I sat helpless, as my own sister came towards me- to end my life. My mind races, I had to say something, to get her to recognise me, so I began talking. "Remember when we were growing... Wait, don't worry. Remember when we.... Uhh.. Oh! I've got it, wait, no I don't." My useless stuttering did not falter her stride, and just as she was about to strike, I remembered something then shouted, "Aelin Ashryver Galathynius!" I closed my eyes, preparing to die, but death never greeted me. Nothing but an astonished, speechless assassin and then, for what seemed like forever, she twitched her lips into an almost smile. Almost. But disappeared as quickly as it had come.

Celaena grabbed one of the three legged chairs and pulled it over to sit in front of me, her elbows resting on her knees, while looking at me the whole time. "How do you know this?" She asked, the cold gaze returning.
"Why can't you see? I am your sister!" I explained, begging almost.
"No, you are most certainly not. I don't have a sister!" She said, her eyes pinning me to the chair.
"Yes! You have magic. You could have killed me when I was young. You were taken to the mines of Endovier. You became the Kings champion. You lost many friends. Including a certain someone, who's promise you almost failed to complete. I know, because I care. I was there. You just never saw me, because all those times, I was in disguise." I blurted it all out, better out then in. She sat there, and I counted the seconds of silence-143. "It's true," She whispered ever so silently, "it must be, otherwise how would you know?"
"See? I'm not lying, please, my name is Alena Sardothien, well not really, my name is Fern Marren Galathynius." I breathed a sharp breath, and waited for her to respond.
She smiled, cold eyes softening, then said, "Well sister, how about living with me for now? I could get to know you, and possibly even teach you to fight?"
"I would love that!" I said, excited written all over my face, but evil thoughts were racing through my head.
"It's settled then" she smirked, "let me untie you, then we can head off." She came over to me but I lifted my hands, and smirked, I'd already untied them. She smiled back, then held out her hand. I grabbed it with a thankful nod.

Although nobody knew, I was not Celaena Sardothien's sister. She was one step closer to her death. And she was going to suffer a very, very long, and painful death, for I owe her one. For my real sister.