Chapter 25:

Celaena paced back and forth, then froze, a cat about to pounce. I had only just recovered from the cut and punch before she began asking me questions again. "Why are you here to take revenge on me?" She asked once again. I stared off into the distance, spacing, I could've sworn on the wyrd that I saw a figure dash by, but perhaps it was my imagination, besides Celaena snapped me back into the real world. Well my arm at least. She had gripped my arm then bent it to such a strange angle, I felt as if I were going to vomit. I screamed in anguish at the bloodied, bruised arm that dangled from my elbow. Pain tore up my arm, and she brought her knife out and said to me, "Once upon a time, there was a young assassin-me- and she had a very good friend who was murdered. I tracked down her killer and chopped him into tiny little pieces, it would be such a shame if I had to do that again..." She grinned viciously at me. My mouth had dropped open from horror, who was this woman, a monster perhaps. My heart raced, and the blood was pumping through my veins. She brought out a knife that was hidden in her cloak. She looked at the blade frowning, "Oh dear, it seems to be blunt, well it will just take me a little more than usual to saw through your fingers." My heart thumped. I was going to die here- no, I was going to be chopped up into pieces and nobody will ever know I died. Or that I even existed.

Celaena Sardothien stalked over to me knife in hand, flipping it, she brought it down to my hand. "Which finger do you like the most?" She asked sweetly. "Why should I care about what happened to your friend? She was probably worthless, a simple being that had no value in this life." I snarled at her. Celaena froze. She looked up at me with a look I don't think anyone had seen before. She lifted the dagger from my finger and said in a calming, killing way, "You have no idea. No idea. Who my friend was, and you will never be even half or a quarter of the person she was. In my perspective, she was the kindest soul, that ever lived, with the biggest determination. You have no right to talk about things you don't know." Celaena spat the words at me with a venomous look. She threw the blunt knife behind her and drew a longer sword. Fury practically rolled off her in waves and my heart began beating faster, and faster as she untied the ropes. Why was she untying them? "Don't move," she hissed, "or you'll find yourself with out a mouth" I nodded frantically. I layer on the ground in a star fish position without moving a muscle. Celaena retrieved four stakes  -Oh Go, oh God, oh God- and stabbed one clean through my arm and embedded it into the ground. I screamed in terror and pain. It seared through my arm and I attempted to pull it out, but Celaena tsked and said "I'm not done killing you just yet, I don't care for questions anymore. You will die a horrible, painful death." She plunged another stake into opposite arm. I kicked at her, still screaming, the pain unbearable. But then, she stabbed one through my thigh and again into the ground, then with the last stake, she sent it into my other thigh. Staked to the ground, I couldn't move. If I got the stakes out, I'd bleed to death. If I stayed, I'd die anyway. Celaena retrieved her blunt knife and begun sawing at my thumb. I vomited all over my face and neck as it rolled off my hand. She cut it off! If fainted minutes later.

When I awoke it must have been night, as I could not see anything. I croaked out, "what time is it?" Biting my lip to hope she didn't kill me at that. "10:00am" she replied. I brought my hand to my eyes in confusion, and felt where my eyes were. I encountered empty holes. I had no eyes. I screamed and screamed, until my throat was raw and could say no more. Celaena probably came over to me and said, "this once happened to a very, very good friend of mine. And now you will die." I heard her pick up a sword, and with a whoosh, she embedded the sword through my skull and into the floor.

I squinted to see a shiny light, my feet took unwillingly steps towards it. I could see! This must be what death feels like. The tunnel of light was getting closer, and I took a deep breath realising there was no air, and continued on into the light. Perhaps I had not gotten revenge, but now I can rest with my sister. I will join her in the sky as stars, and we will forever remain, and one day we will return. From the dead. And when we do, it will be Spectacular.

**********************************
How did you like the end of this? Would you like me to write a chapter following what happens after with Yrene? And Celaena?