Chapter 14:

As I came to, muffled voices spoke ahead of me and then everything came flooding back into my memory. I panicked. With my shoulder, arm and knee still burning with pain I knew that not even I would be able to escape. I looked out through the slit of my eye but unfortunately Harding happened to notice. As he strode over, I caught a glimpse of smugness as he looked at me but vanished before I could say something snarky. As soon as that thought crossed my mind, I realised that I couldn't talk- I was gagged. I tried to sit up but a pounding in my head began and I couldn't do anything but lie back down. they hadn't bothered to bound me to the ground because clearly, my leg, shoulder and arm would take quite some time to heal. Harding came over to my side and undid the gag in my mouth. I worked my jaw painfully and licked my dry, crusty lips painfully and tasted the familiar copper blood taste in my mouth. I spat it at him. He looked at me, then the spit, and then back at me, and what bothered me the most was that he laughed. "You, would spit at me, when I could kill you at any second?" He asked me and whipped a knife out while pressing it to my throat. I didn't dare move- one single shift in my position and my throat would split open. He grinned and pulled back, then went over to guy with the scruffy beard and muttered something to him while looking at me. Scruffy looked at me and wandered over to stand next to me. I tried sitting up again but in return was given a whack on the head with scruffy' s sword and once again, I shamefully blacked out.

This time when I awoke, I was not in the forest, but in a room with a lantern hanging by the wall. I was now in a chair and tied to it, with that frustrating gag in my mouth again. I knew that my time was up, that I would be dead soon, and fear replaced my panic. The room I was in was small, and had one door, my chair, the lantern then nothing else. I attempted to lift me and my chair up to scoot towards the down, but yelped in excruciating pain coming from my legs. Looking down at them, I saw that they wee twisted and swollen,with bruises and blood covering them. My eyes as wide as the moon, I vomited over the edge at the sight of them. There we're holes in my pants near the knees and that was where the mutant look came into view. Vomiting again, the door slowly creaked open and I feigned sleep. "I know you're awake Alena" Hardings gruff voice came from in front. I opened my eyes and saw that he was holding his sword, and probably had many hidden weapons within his clothes. Why are you here? I wanted to ask him but the gag prevented me from doing so. He seemed to realise though and answered it anyway. "Why Alena, I am here to cause you as much pain and suffering as I possibly can!" He answered with a crazy grin on his face. I gulped but then something dropped from the ceiling and got Harding in a headlock.