Chapter 17:

I awoke and found Erisire awake as well. The terror shone in her eyes, as I walked up to her, sat down and looked her straight in the eye. "Why were you unable to stay with me?" I said with not a trace of kindness in my tone. All remained silent. "Are you going to play it this way? Alright. You just wait, when you're dying of hunger -literally- you may have a different attitude." She looked at me boldly. Turning away, I grabbed hold of a branch and began to sharpen it into a spear.

Afternoon came, and my spear was complete. I headed north to find some animals, and doubled checked Erisires bonds, before leaving. Satisfied, I stalked off.

When I returned, I caught Erisire is the act of sawing her wrist rope on a jagged tree branch. The amusing thing was, she didn't notice I was standing there until I pressed a dagger up against her throat. Once again she froze, knowing she'd lost. I smirked, "creative are you?" I asked. When she failed to respond I pressed the dagger deeper, splitting some skin and drawing blood. "I'd rather die than stay with you." She croaked. I couldn't believe this. "Go" I whispered. "Leave now, because if I ever see you again, I will kill you." My voice cracked as she nodded and ran. After the short time I had known her, I'd grown so attached to her- to the company, how had I been so lonely all this time? I stayed silent for the rest of the day, to upset to go out and move on.