Chapter 16:

It was sunset by the time Erisire returned, I dismissed the healer bit, not wanting to put her under pressure. "So," she said, setting the wood down, "What are you even travelling for?" I blinked. How could I have forgotten the purpose of leaving the assassins keep? "Oh, I'm searching for my sister, she's sort of.. Uh,"
"Sort of what? She asked.
"Well you see, my sister may be Celaena Sardothien, you know.... Adarlans Assassin.." I spoke quickly. Now it was her turn to blink.
"I'm sorry? Did you just say that? Or did I mishear you?" She asked, panic slowly creeping up to her voice "No you did not." I told her boldly.
"I... I'm sorry, I cannot stay here with... You" she said with a disgusted look on her face. "Wait! Please Erisire!" Don't, don't make me do this, anyone that knows this, either is my friend, or is... dead." I pleaded. She looked at me again, disgusted. "I don't care, I'd rather be dead instead of sit here with you."

I was on the verge of tears, ho could she do this to me? "Ten seconds," My voice barely a whisper, "Ten seconds before I come and hunt you down and kill you." Tears spilled down my cheeks. Erisire jumped up and ran. I counted in my head, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9... 10. I took off in her direction, no one would be allowed to know about me unless they kept it a secret. I'd allowed her 10 seconds, that was fair, wasn't it? I easily caught up to her and heard the loud crunching of twigs up ahead. Climbing swiftly up a tree, I jumped to each branch, passing trees silently and as I beheld the figure of Erisire, I jumped down tackling her to the ground. She screamed with fright and I never even saw the knife coming to stab me in the thigh. My rage took over all pain. I roared a battle cry, pulled out the knife and ran after Erisire who was now getting away. Sprinting towards her, I grabbed her, but she wriggled and squirmed making it impossible for me to hold her, so I pressed the knife to her throat. She froze instantly. But instead of killing her, I knocked her on the head, making her faint in an instant. Slouched in my arms, I returned to camp, watching Erisire wearily and tied her up with some old rope I conveniently found hanging off a tree. How could Erisire betray me? I needed information from her, and I would stop at nothing to get it from her. But at the moment I was extremely tired, and needed rest, so I did a final check of he rope and spaced out.