Chapter 18:

When I awoke my face felt cracked from the dried tears on it. Last night, I just broke down for some reason, unable to contain my loneliness. I just had to find Celaena. I stomped out the fire, my thigh throbbed from the sudden movement on my scab from where Erisire stabbed me. I silently moved on at a quick pace, and hours later found myself in a small town.

The streets were quiet, apart from the small clusters of women that walked by fanning their faces when they saw a new dress. I moved through a certain looking for a place to buy a new tunic. My fingers trailed along the billions of dresses that were quite useless to me, so I left empty handed. As I walked through the streets of, where ever I was, I had to dive for cover in the first few minutes because who I saw was the worst thing that could have possibly happened. Arobynn. What in the wyrd was he doing here? My breathing became shallow, and my fingers and face began to sweat, so much so, that I felt a bead of sweat trickle down my head. Slowly, ever so slowly, I began to sidle along the shop heading back through the doors. Why  was he here? Had he been tracking me? And if so, for how long? I hid behind a dress as Arobynn annoyingly walked by and then straight into the shop.

My heart was racing now. I was skilled, but would be dead by the first move if I face off against Arobynn. I spotted some dresses nearby and a crazy idea popped into my head.

I looked down at the dress I had put over my tunic, I neatended up my hair, found a veil to put over my face and walked into the open fanning my face. I pretended to view the clothes but after a few minutes, I walked cautiously out, hoping not to be spotted. As I walked down the streets, I heard somebody following me, and no matter how much I walked, I could not not lose them.