Chapter ELEVEN

Chapter ELEVEN

Looking at her right now, I could tell that she's still in pain. Even in her sleep she groans and sometimes talked. Her words are all a blur to me, though I have enhanced hearing I couldn't understand it. The moment I heard her heart beat slowed in a very abnormal way, I quickly ran to her side, caught her just in time before her head hits the floor. I'm not sure why her eye changed in color, I really want to find out, but I can't leave her like this. But if she wants an explanation although I'm not yet sure, I will tell her all I know. I gently wiped a golden strand away from her eye. I can't help but frown at her sleeping figure, she has a gentle soul and a loving nature. I was amazed that she welcomed Luke and the twins without any doubt in her mind. Her trust is admirable, just meeting me for the first time, she already trusted me with her life. I thought that meeting her would make her feel scared or weary of me, but it's completely opposite. She already gained the love and trust from Luke and the twins.

I mentally groaned remembering the twins earlier. I almost hit my head with Danny right after I caught Beatrice in my arms. He was right beside me before she hits her head, and almost, instantly James is at the other side. I can tell that they wanted to help B too, but for God's sakes! I'm her soulmate, I should be the one to carry her upstairs in her room. But no... They insisted to follow and even sat on the floor just to stay beside her. I really appreciated their concern, Luke is concerned too, but the twins, they're... just too much! I couldn't help but feel jealous, it's unusual for the twins to be like this, especially if they just met the person. They just kept themselves away from others, well, James is a little bit sociable, but Danny... let's just say that he doesn't like to smile. Based on my experience, it takes years for them to give their trust, 10? or 20? I can't remember how long it took me and Luke for them to open up. I was snatched from my reminiscing when the door suddenly opened. It was James...again.

“She's still- ” I heard her even breathing. I turned to look at her, and she was starting to wake up. She gently opened her tired eyes and scanned the room. When she finally saw me she smiled, it was like nothing happened, just like waking up in the morning.

“Hey...” I caressed her reddened cheek, and she quickly grabbed her blanket, wrapping it more to her body consciously. James left the door open a bit and I heard more footsteps and was sure that Danny and Luke are coming. When they all reached the door, they just stood there and made eye contact with me, mentally asking if they're allowed to go inside. Beatrice maybe noticed me and followed my line of sight.

“B... can they?” Beatrice looked straight at me and narrowed her sleepy eyes, and then, widened in realization.

“Oh! Sure! Please come in. Just sit anywhere you like...” She offered them her sweet smile and turned to face me.

“What happened? Last time I remembered- “ She closed her eyes and hold her head. She let out a soft groan and the four of us instantly was on her side.

“Don't force yourself. We'll tell you what happened.” I re-assured her and looked at James. He understood what I meant and began telling what had happened earlier. I can see that the three of them are concerned. Beatrice has captured their hearts. I was happy, and at the same time relieved that I won't be asking them to protect Beatrice. I'm sure as hell that they are ready to sacrifice their lives to protect her. Beatrice was listening to James, she didn't ask anything and just let James finish. I helped her sat up and gently placed a pillow at her back. She reached for her bed-side drawer and got a mirror.

“I looked normal. I thought it would be permanent.” Beatrice giggled. She was taking it easy, but hearing her excited heart beat, she was forcing herself to act calmly in front of us. She put down the mirror and looked at our faces.