CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Hi! Just a quick reminder. All the things that they were thinking were enclosed with --->   '             '   

And this ----> "       "       this is what they were saying out loud. ;D

“Mom!? Dad?! Where are you?” All I could feel was my chest was about to burst and my sweaty hands as I run upstairs. I didn't even noticed that James was running after me and shouting bloody hell.

                                              I went to my Dad's study and found that it was locked. I didn't knock. Unfortunately, with my vampire abilities and the rush of adrenaline in my body, I easily twisted the door knob. The door almost flew when I immediately opened it. When I was finally inside, I walked towards the room, panting heavily. I'm not sure what I was feeling when I went inside. Something was wrong- the atmosphere, Dad's table and most of all, the scent.

                                       I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. After a few intakes of breath, I stood still and opened my eyes.

“Please be okay... Please be okay...” I chanted to myself. Suddenly, I felt a presence behind me.

“B! Don't even do that again! You almost gave me a heart attack!”

                                      I wanted to laugh. James' looked like he was really going to have a heart attack. He was panting and his blue eyes were wide opened.

“I'm sorry! I'm just so worried...Wait here-” When I started to walk towards the door, I felt James' gentle hand on my shoulder.

“W-Wait...” James' slowly straightened his body. He slowly walked towards Dad's table. Papers can be seen everywhere. This is unusual for Dad because he was an organized person.

                                   James carefully lifted a piece of paper and sniffed it. After that, he slowly put the paper down and pushed the chair away from the table.

“What is it?” I stared at him and waited for his next words. I was getting anxious about what he's going to say. Now that I'm calmed, I needed to think rationally. I need to listen to what he thinks about our current situation.

                                I saw James' took a deep breath. His eyes closed while his head twisted slowly to the left, and then to the right. He was searching for something, maybe the scent of the intruder.

“Is IT still here?” I didn't know what to call the intruder. He said earlier that it wasn't a vampire, a werewolf, nor, human.

                                        James' paused and raised his right hand, indicating for me to stop talking. When he opened his eyes, he slowly looked at me.

“It's clear. But the scent was an hour ago.”

“I'll go to the next room to check my parents.”

                               James' just nodded. I didn't bother to ask if he's going to stay there or come with me. He said that it's okay, and I noticed that he begun walking around Dad's study. Maybe, looking out for clues or something that can tell us who went in here an hour ago.

                                   I slowly walked outside towards my parent's room. I trusted James' when he said that it's clear, but it won't hurt to be cautious. My heart was still beating rather fast than normal. I was still afraid of what I might see when I opened my parent's room. The whole house was unusually quite and all the lights were turned off. It was really weird.