Chapter SIX

I looked up to see the moon shone brightly. But some parts of the sky are covered with clouds. As I took small, leisured steps the cool breeze begun to blew. The clouds slowly retreated, stars twinkled, making the dark sky looked like a stage getting ready for a performance.

My white dress was comfortable, even though it stopped just above my knee. I didn't feel any chill and was thankful for that because I'm not in the mood to wear warm clothes. It was just a simple white dress with thin straps on the shoulders.

I watched the forest with a smile on my face. It was a good idea for a walk. I let out a small sigh when another cool breeze touched my face. The sound of the crickets, and other insects added charm to the forest.

           I didn't feel scared when I heard small rustling of leaves, that the small animals made. I was engulfed by the beauty of the forest tonight. Fireflies lit up the surroundings, small white flowers scattered on the small meadow I was in. I avoided the tiny poppies when I sat on the meadow.

The thought of wild animals that live in the forest didn't scare me. Tonight, the forest was like a drug to me. It made me calmed and relaxed. Making me fall in love with it, and making me forget about my worries. I could just lay here and not move and think. I sighed, after laying down on the grass. It was just the perfect feel-, perfect?

I suddenly felt like I was missing something very important, I just couldn't point it out. It feels good to be out here, but I knew I was forgetting something, or someone. The sudden feeling of longing flooded my senses. It's like finally finding something or someone, then you lost it, again.

“I need to look for it, or him?” standing up, I felt really confused. One minute I was very happy here, and then now, I felt lost and sad.

I looked around and tried to find for anything I left behind. I wasn't even sure if it's a thing or someone I forgot.

“Run!” a male voice suddenly spoke out of nowhere.

“W-Who's there?” I asked between quick breaths. I was starting to get anxious because of the anonymous voice being added to my confused self.

“He's coming! Run!” the voice spoke again without answering my question.

“W-who's coming? W-where are you?” I frantically looked for the voice.

'No one's here. Just me.' Hmm, maybe some silly kids playing tricks on me.

“Are you kidding? If you're looking for someone you can play at, well, it's not me!” I was now furious. I'm not in the mood for jokes, if I see the jerk who's been fooling me-.

“Please, just run! He's coming for you!” that damn voice again!

“Damn it! Show yourself! Why should I listen to you? You might be some crazy bas-” I was cut off by a scary laugh, you can compare it to those evil laughs in the movies.

“The last thing I want is another crazy voice playing tricks at me.” I whispered to myself.

“Who's there?” I made my voice sounded pissed, but in reality I was now very scared. I won't let them see me anxious. I snapped my head to the direction of the footsteps.

As the sound gets louder, I backed up. I wasn't in the mood to be curious.

“You can run... but, you can't hide! I will track you...” the scary voice spoke again.

That baritone voice, deep and sinister – where did I hear that before? I knew that voice. Cold sweat was starting to bead on my forehead, my hands begun to shook. The cool breeze that I was enjoying earlier was adding to my fear now.